The GOP's House of Representatives Thread

Christie’s a gelding carnivore.

they were slow before he was out. what was their platform 2020 election again?

I linked Mitch’s to do list way up in the thread.

This should happen automatically whenever we start a proxy war.

1 Like

An emboldened Republican Party claimed its first post-midterm victory in the House on Thursday, as lawmakers approved an annual defense policy bill that rolls back the Biden administration’s coronavirus vaccine mandate for military personnel — and GOP leaders vowed future consequences for it ever having existed in the first place.

A sign of things to come. Bipartisan Joe when he has to be.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/national-security/2022/12/08/house-passes-defense-bill-vaccine-mandate/?utm_source=facebook&utm_medium=news_tab&fb_news_token=ffZzM3fYThp1cfL2pubdaA%3D%3D.UXFw5vNzyecXLqMFlI6jj7yDhEsadOK80spzhgm87p311xKgMFcCqbyOc8LaNxjHykwEOVUYx%2FllvnDSZhRq%2F2%2FJtsXThB5njoqurSqv8TSylnj2M3nbebAih9SpjYdLm4QnYrAf%2FdyqxsBDJnlH%2B4HwHhB9TOkHullqzu23FRNb%2FN2oiQj%2F7jQbqIbCsvfI85uEvCwUOR3K0Ttn3JcIy0fKKi%2BTu1e%2FIZGGGzH66sEUIMUAeGMch1ISpGkrUzO57MGsLmSrzt3VbqetGuFHBWdvj7RoBz%2FK7or0Jo9sfZAjBreoCfg3yDNu%2BRfuJRgdcDpK1dXIm1L4lTUpIHZPh2BWK9bhvPLEZ03duftPkS0%3D

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/video/2022/12/14/mccarthy_five_republicans_arent_going_to_sabotage_gop_agenda_by_blocking_my_path_to_speakership.html

Kevin McCarthy predicted that five members of the House Republican Caucus who are holding up his bid to become the next Speaker of the House will come around by January 3 when the new session of Congress begins.

“I do not think at the end of the day that five Republicans will hold up our opportunity to secure the border,” McCarthy told FNC’s Dana Perino and Bill Hemmer on Wednesday morning.

Early showdown.

Yikes. Brazen if it actually happens. America’s being bought and sold and sold again, a la Leonard Cohen.

Good. Cut the ideological idiots or give me a reason to vote for Bernie.

This will lead to a third-party somehow.
Multiple votes and still no loser leader. Not happened in over 100 years.
A 21st century Bull Moose Party likely to arise.

Good, whatever they have now is not working. Mitch could have won the House and Senate had he tried. This was an orange purge.

Interesting development! People on the left I listen to are definitely noting how ineffectual the Squad looks in comparison.

Further proof the GOP is not a governing party and is best suited as a minority opposition party especially when overrun by extremists as has been the case since the tea party movement. They have no policy and no direction. Fracturing of the party will only help democrats.

5th Speaker of House vote and still no “loser” winner.
I hope this continues on for months and months.

1 Like

Round 6 and numbskull McCarthy lost again before barely beginning roll call.
Bahahaha.

I’d Jim Jordan gets backdoored into the Speakership, I’ll be delighted. He fun.

But yawnz

Please not Gym Jordan.

1 Like

I really hope these hold out idiots suffer in 2024. Good luck getting campaign funding from the RNC.

It’s just politics. They’re using what leverage they have. It’s funny Dems are on them for not being a monolith where no tolerance is brooked and no one will rock the boat, even when that’s what they’ve been elected to do.

2 Likes

They are not putting Jim Jordan in there, they will put a Democrat in as speaker before they do that.

Although curious why the particular dislike for Jordan, was it because the MSM told you to hate him?

Right. If the GOP is indistinguishable from the dems, then what’s the DNC now? ClintonObamaRice lockstep? And Biden is the vessel? Cringey.

1 Like