The GOP's House of Representatives Thread

He likely knew about abuse at Ohio State when he was a coach there. At minimum, he didn’t cooperate with investigations, which is a total asswipe move.

1 Like

Why wouldn’t they be all over them it’s to their advantage? Just as they benefitted from it when the Tea Party first showed up.

Of course they will, but it’s funny for the reason I stated.

I heard something about that, not too sure on the details. Only thing I saw in recent years that Jim Jordan did was push back against the Russian collusion narrative pushed by the establishment which they didn’t take kindly too. Same thing happened to Devin Nunes, they don’t like being called out on their obvious bullshit.

Still, other than that and the incident you note I’m not really aware of much that would put him on anyones hate list.

Ha, not a good guy to bring up regarding why someone is unlikable. Besides being a science denier that seems to be against anything supportive of the environment, this humorless fake farmer abuses the legal system with bullshit lawsuits and went so far as to try and sue the Devin Nunes’ Cow satire account.

1 Like

A “science denier” you guys find a name to call people on every topic. I suspect I don’t hold the same views as Devin Nunes on global warming, but hardly a reason to hate him.

What would the world be if everyone had to agree with each other on every topic? Still he was right in his memo and Schiff lied to everyone in his, something I suspect you don’t hold against Schiff for doing.

Who is you guys?

1 Like

I’m telling you why he’s unlikable. Nobody except you is talking about hating him. And the climate science is just a small, small part of his unlikability.

People who love to name call. Here I will even bring it back on topic, Dan Crenshaw calling the Republicans who won’t vote for Kevin McCarthy “terrorists”. :rofl:

TC seems to have Crenshaws number though.

https://twitter.com/CitizenFreePres/status/1610837556765274114

1 Like

I’ll stick with he called out the establishment for their obvious bullshit and they in turn told everyone Devin Nunes is an asshole and like everything else they are told to believe they they do as they are told.

Maybe he is an asshole. what do I know. Pretty brave to call out the establishment if he knew the kind of blow back he was going to get.

He had someone working for him who exposed a lot of the scam, Kash Patel, I seen numerous videos with him, very smart and seems they would like nothing better than to take him down. They really didn’t like being exposed.

No dude, he’s not unlikeable because MSM tells people to not like him. He brings attention to himself with ridiculous things, like his ridiculous lawsuits; it’s like he’s unaware of the Streisand Effect and how badly it goes when stodgy politicians pick fights with people much better at, and much funnier on social media than they are.

1 Like

Must have missed it, not in my feed. Like I say I was watching the likes of Kash Patel expose the Muller investigation for the charade it was.

Oh then there was Devin Nunes who took a look at the Obama Presidential daily breifings. :rofl: Chock a block with spying on the Trump team, they chucked him off the committees for doing that. Can’t have Devin Nunes expose what the Obama admin was doing.

I can see why they were calling him an asshole.

https://babylonbee.com/news/republican-approval-ratings-at-record-high-after-bringing-congress-to-grinding-halt

An irate Kevin McCarthy was reportedly seen throwing a temper tantrum in the halls outside his office after failing to win the speakership on the fourth ballot. “It’s not fair!” McCarthy whined. “It’s my turn! It’s my turn!”

:sweat_smile:

2 Likes

Did those lawsuits come out of the blue or did Nunes retaliate against the many smears he was being hit with?

“Without a speaker, the United States House of Representatives essentially becomes a useless entity. Because none of its members can be sworn in until a speaker is chosen, there are no lawmakers to respond to an emergency or a crisis, only representatives-elect. With no rules adopted, the legislative process cannot move forward; no bills can be passed or resolutions adopted.

Lacking a speaker, the House cannot carry out its responsibility for oversight of the federal government or any other entity. The House cannot haul witnesses before committees, and those elected to serve cannot set up operations to help out their constituents.”
— NYT

It’s tough times for the ruling class when their parliament of whores can’t even choose a pimp. Meanwhile, out here in the real world, we little people get a temporary respite from their useless pandering at our expense.

4 Likes

Jesus. Take it easy NYT

1 Like

he files a lot of suits and they generally seem like slapp lawsuits but two absolutely ridiculous ones are:

• He sued Devin Nunes’ Cow.
  • He sued someone for harming his reputation when they were trying to force him to not list his occupation on ballots as a farmer (because, you know, he’s not a farmer).

Nunes is a third-generation Portuguese-American, and he grew up working on his family’s dairy farm. As a teenager, he raised cattle and saved money to buy farmland with his brother, according to his congressional biography. He has degrees in agriculture and keeps his hand in farming through an investment in two California wineries run by a friend he met through his alumni network.

His education and childhood aspiration suited his political ambitions. Like many politicians from California’s interior farm belt, Nunes was well versed in agriculture and the water supply that supports it.

Nunes’ first entree into politics was as a member of the board of a local community college. He ran for Congress in 1998 and lost in the primary. In 2001, he was appointed by President George W. Bush to a California post at the U.S. Department of Agriculture.

Seems like he is a farmer.

I’m sitting on my sofa now. Am I not a fisherman?

Devin Nunes is 49 - working on his family’s farm as a teenager does not make him a farmer. Having a (suspicious) $50k investment in a winery does not make him a farmer. His uncle owning a dairy farm does not make him a farmer.

You don’t work as a fisherman, and you don’t make money as a fisherman, like Nunes didn’t work as a farmer and didn’t make money as a farmer, so for the purposes of claiming an occupation, no, you’re not a farmer.