The GOP's House of Representatives Thread

See, mine were real campaign slogans. Yours is a smear.

That’s an actual quote from DJT during his campaign. Yes he likes to talk in the third person. So I guess he’s smearing himself.

Prove it. SOunds like spin.

What in the actual

Background: After losing his election by a wide margin, Peña tweeted that he wasn’t conceding the race. Police allege that he also visited three of the targeted officials’ homes unannounced to complain the election was fraudulent.

https://www.axios.com/2023/01/17/new-mexico-ex-republican-state-candidate-pena-arrested

Statement made in December of 2015 during his campaign. How do you not remember this? It’s on video.

Huh, interesting story. Is he in the House GOP? No. Then why is he in this thread?

Waiting on that Trump quote.

Neither is Obama.

Did you click the link and watch the video? He says it in the first second. Doesn’t take much effort. The exact quote I pasted above.

Ah, the old campaign stuff. Definitely oot.

Yes in a campaign statement, read aloud during a campaign rally. Not spin.

You’re welcome.

1 Like

Santos gets assignments.

Before his resume fabrications were revealed, Santos told NY1 in November that he hoped to sit on the House Financial Services Committee, “based on my 14-year background in capital markets,” and the House Foreign Affairs Committee, “based on my, I guess, multicultural background as a human being.”

“I think those would be natural fits, and those are also where my passions lie,” Santos said at the time.

Speaker Kevin McCarthy (R-Calif.) has declined to call on Santos to resign, and said the freshman lawmaker would sit on committees.

“I try to stick by the Constitution. The voters elected him to serve. If there is a concern, and he has to go through the Ethics, let him move through that,” McCarthy told reporters last week, referring to the House Ethics Committee.

“He is going to have to build the trust here, and he’s going to have the opportunity to try to do that,” McCarthy said.

:rofl:

How generous of McCarthy! Going to give the pathological liar/international swindler a chance to “build trust”.

Geez what a circus. There seems to be no bar at this point. Shameless. Those backroom deals to make him Speaker finally playing a part in this, perhaps?

2 Likes

Queen MAGA?

Maybe this will break the ice.

Now he’s sorta somewhat admitted to being in drag, but not being a drag queen per se, saying he had fun at a festival.

And shockingly, his claims about his mom being a financial exec in the world trade center on 9/11 also appears to be a lie.

And he raised money for a veteran’s dog on gofundme and basically stole the funds.

The number of lies by this shitnoggin is truly spectacular. Republican’s general lack of pressure on him to resign sucks ass.

Perceived lack of pressure. I’ve read he’s getting quite an icy reception from the House GOP.

An icy response is not what the Democrats want, they want him forced out and made to resign so they can gain a house seat, anything less is declared as “not doing enough”.

I don’t care. During the whole Me Too thing, they skipped Bill Clinton? They have no moral compass I can recognize,

1 Like

Too many examples to cite, no doubt this guy is a pathological liar, but it’s just not something they ever call out when one of their own does it.