The Great Run On Toilet Paper 2018 & 2020 & 2021 & 2022!?

:roll_of_toilet_paper: 60$ per case … lock em up buys
:oncoming_police_car: :policeman:hand_cuffs

3 Likes

People can be some serious shits at a time of crisis. I’m glad there are states in the US that made it a crime to mark up prices (“excessively”, not sure if that means you can’t go up more than 20% or what) a long time ago.

The simple calculator for how much toilet paper you need to survive the pandemic

I just spend 5 hours installing this and now I feel like an idiot buying 50 packs of toilet paper

6 Likes

You know you could have not used the duct tape and just rinsed your butt off with the shower hose not attached? Like a hand held bidet?

1 Like

Ohhh that’s true… But anyway I’m sure my GF will be more pleased with a more permanent solution

But the duck tape makes this a piece of art worth $120k!

2 Likes

:astonished:

Our Carrefour limited the amount of toilet paper to two packets per customer.

6 Likes

Bravo!

I’m going to expect seeing a three year old totter through the express checkout lane tomorrow with their two packs of TP.

3 Likes

They’ll bring in the whole family.

1 Like

Yeah, they’ll send in the whole clan, one by one. I’ve seen it done before.

In Germany thiefs broke into a car and took only the good stuff. Two packs of toilet paper.

1 Like

The PXMart / Quanlian / 全聯 near me was once again picked clean of toilet paper today, with a sign saying (I think) limit of one per customer as of yesterday. Lots of the canned goods aisle was gone too. Or at least I think it had been the canned goods aisle - not really enough identifying items left to tell.

Reminder: there is no shortage, this is just what happens when everyone decides to buy stuff. Things will be back in stock shortly.

But I confess that I am trying to keep our designated toilet-paper-storage area close to full, rather than my usual approach of not bothering until it gets down to just a couple of packages left. I’m not buying any more than usual - just topping up the tank more frequently, as it were.

2 Likes

Every time they announce more cases people flip out and start panic buying.

3 Likes

This past week has been a little more understandable - things are getting awful in the rest of the world, and lots of us in Taiwan are nervously looking around, wondering how or if our luck can hold.

2 Likes

1 kg tin of Quaker oats, box of raisins. You can’t go wrong. The bear’s on a solid porridge diet hereon in.

I started regularly making granola a few months ago, and I am finally making some headway through all the dried fruit that we keep buying because it seems healthy, and then never eat (and oatmeal of course is good for that too!). I think I’m now up to the stuff that expired in 2018 or so, rather than back in the Obama years.

2 Likes

I don’t get why the rest of the world is panicking about toilet paper, not soap. Not that I want them to panic buy soap but why are people buying toilet paper like they’re face masks?

2 Likes