The Haj slaughters 1 million sheep

Since we are all going to be ruled by Hajj people in the future, it’s good to know what they do there. Seems some 2 million people will do there thing there this week, with over ONE MILLION sheep, imported from Sudan and Uruguay (go figure), to be blood sacrified, in rememberance of Abraham’s readiness to sacrifice his son to God.

That’s a lot of blood on the floor.

Last year 250 human pilgrims were trampeled to death in this annual ritual. One million sheep slaughtered.

Why do they do it? One Egyptian scholar, banned in Egypt, says the Hajj pilgrimmage is a pre-Muslim thing, pre-dating Mohammed. What’s the story here?

ccds.charlotte.nc.us/History … goglin.htm

Malcom X did Hajj. Here’s what he had to say about it:

Maybe Hajj is not an inherently bad thing.

Of course. It is not an inherently bad thing at all. Am just curious about its origins.

Did it originate pre-Mohammed as a kind of animistic religious thing, way back when, maybe 5000 years ago and then Mohammed transformed it into this pilgriammage thing and then jets and Saudi Arabia oil transformed it into a global CNN extravaganza? It is really quite an amazing festival…

From what I’ve read, the Kaaba, the holy place in Mecca that has the sacred black stone, seems to have been a site of worship before the advent of Islam:

They slit the throats of a million sheep and then trample each other to death as they slip and slide around on the blood on the floor, but of course that is not a bad thing. And since we are going to be ruled by them someday we should know what goes on there. And it really is an amazing festival.

Am I understanding you so far lane119?

[quote=“lane119”]Since we are all going to be ruled by Hajj people in the future, it’s good to know what they do there. Seems some 2 million people will do there thing there this week, with over ONE MILLION sheep, imported from Sudan and Uruguay (go figure), to be blood sacrified, in rememberance of Abraham’s readiness to sacrifice his son to God.

That’s a lot of blood on the floor.

Last year 250 human pilgrims were trampeled to death in this annual ritual. One million sheep slaughtered.

ccds.charlotte.nc.us/History … goglin.htm[/quote]

I hope they trample each other to death before they start killing the sheeps.

F***** stupid and cruel people :loco:

How’s the world ever going to be better if stupid and cruel people continue to exist?

Nope, it’s just not gonna happen.

I hope the sheep cut the throats of the hajj and then slip and slide around in all the blood on the floor but “don’t” start a stampede and trample each other to death but instead go on to rule the world in a loving and peaceful manner.

I would try to sell lamb on a stick and red wool sweaters at this hajj event.
Or open a haggis stand somewhere near the festivities.

I can see [i]someone[/i] has their priorities straight. Sharpen up those razors Abdul! :unamused:

[quote]
Singapore sending gifts of live sheep to tsunami victims

SINGAPORE (DPA): Hundreds of live sheep are on their way to Indonesia’s tsunami victims, a gift from Muslims in Singapore for Hari Raya Haji or Idul Adha on Friday, organizers said on Tuesday.

The 500 animals are being flown or driven from different parts of Indonesia to Banda Aceh, Meulaboh and Lhokseumawe, the areas worst-hit by the Dec. 26 earthquake-generated tsunamis, said Saff-Perdaus and Pergas Cooperative, the Islamic agencies handling the project.

Hari Raya Haji marks the end of the pilgrimage season to the holy cities of Mecca and Medina in Saudi Arabia.

The slaughtering of sheep is carried out to reinforce the practice of sharing what one has with the less fortunate.[/quote]

thejakartapost.com/detaillat … 337&irec=6

Have any of you been to a first world abottoir? Pretty grim when you are there and the smell is special as the hot blood mixes with the shit of fear…

Lots of sheep getting their throats cut = inferior culture?

Get down to the first world farm and see life in the raw
*sheep getting their arses cut out
*cattle having their nuts cut off with an old pocket knife
*pigs living their whole lives in a concrete box
*chickens having their beaks clipped off

Where is the cultural superiority here? Who has the right to rule whom?

<----------- true words to live by!

Either way you cut it, being a sheep would really suck.

At least it gets you out in the open air.*

*Comment does not apply to sheep that are not out in the open air.

It’s not fair to say that Islam will rule the world when there are lots of different sects of Muslims. The most well know of them these days is Wahhabism which is the second biggest Saudi export. Bernard Lewis says they are like the KKK with billions of dollars in the bank.

OT: I for one would rather see the return of cheap, safer cleaner nuclear power, and other greener energy sources. That would cut the legs out from under some the baddies in Saudi Arabia that make Islam appear antagonistic to the rest of the world.

Especially if you were a sheep in Scotland or New Zealand.

gonzoville.com/DoK/files/Dir … _Sheep.mp3

Comrade Stalin’s post should be flamed at once. He’s cheapening a beautiful, life-affirming act of love and bringing it down to the level of the barnyard. I’m disgusted. :fume: :fume: :fume:

You’re all getting sleeeepy…sleeepy…

Hello focus people! Over ONE MILLION sheeps are going to be brutally slaughtered! Unless it’s a joke? Is this a joke?
Isn’t that against some international laws? Is PETA onto this?

Look, it’s not like they’re not gonna eat them.

They are, aren’t they?

[quote=“Dave’s girl”]Hello focus people! Over ONE MILLION sheeps are going to be brutally slaughtered! Unless it’s a joke? Is this a joke?
Isn’t that against some international laws? Is PETA onto this?[/quote]
Do you really think Muslims care what PETA has to say about this?