The Haj slaughters 1 million sheep

[quote=“Vannyel”][quote=“Dave’s girl”]Hello focus people! Over ONE MILLION sheeps are going to be brutally slaughtered! Unless it’s a joke? Is this a joke?
Isn’t that against some international laws? Is PETA onto this?[/quote]
Do you really think Muslims care what PETA has to say about this?[/quote]
If they don’t they should. There should be ways to pressure them into doing the right thing. That’s all I’m saying. When Swiss people (I forget the name of the organization) found out that some Chinese in Mainland are eating dogs. Actions were taken to stop them. So can’t they do somethng about it with over one million sheeps?

Like lane said, that’s a lot of blood! :fume:

Um, don’t you mean “There should be ways to pressure them into doing what I think is the right thing”?
The sheep aren’t wasted – they’re eaten. How many million animals do you imagine are slaughtered every day by non-Muslims all over the world? Maybe you think the PETA fucktards should hand out cups of fake blood to little Muslim children or something like that?
That worked REAL well when they tried it on KFC eaters a while ago – only the little kids, of course, they were far too scared shitless to try their half-witted terror tactics on any grownups.
And before you start, I’m more or less vegetarian myself, but not because I think killing animals for food is wrong.

[quote=“Dave’s girl”][quote=“Vannyel”][quote=“Dave’s girl”]Hello focus people! Over ONE MILLION sheeps are going to be brutally slaughtered! Unless it’s a joke? Is this a joke?
Isn’t that against some international laws? Is PETA onto this?[/quote]
Do you really think Muslims care what PETA has to say about this?[/quote]
If they don’t they should. There should be ways to pressure them into doing the right thing. That’s all I’m saying. When Swiss people (I forget the name of the organization) found out that some Chinese in Mainland are eating dogs. Actions were taken to stop them. So can’t they do somethng about it with over one million sheeps?

Like lane said, that’s a lot of blood! :fume:[/quote]

The right thing??? Restricting someone’s religious practice is the right thing to do? But then again, you could email PETA and ask them what they are going to do about it. http://www.peta.org/
And I doubt very seriously if the Chinese have stopped eating dogs in China just because some Swiss group opposed the practice.

You are scottish, right?

Understand… Family secrets and the like…

Oh, i don’t really care about them slaughtering 1 million sheep… After all they eat them. and some of us posters eat mutton too. I love it.

Not to mention chickens, cows, pigs and the other animals raised and killed for food.

Well, this is indicative of many multicultural thinkers…

“How wonderful it is that we are so different in culture and thinking…but HEY! You can’t do THAT!”

This Mecca is a good place for a bumper sticker: KILL SHEEP NOT PEOPLE

Make love, not slaughter.

That happens every day man. Sheep, cows, chickens, pigs …

I can think of a few religious activities that I would like to interfere with.

wow…me too bob…I’d like to get rid of prayer services for U.S. troops before they go out to slaughter women and children, the tax-exemption for U.S. church that preach politics from the pulpit, the policy of our Christian leaders wanting to invade other countries in order to save them, all references to God on U.S. currency (I doubt if she really cares), the excuse of using the Bible as a guidle to set up a government, the title of doctor for anyone who studies a work of fiction (the Bible), etc.

…and that ghost money they burn all over the place. You can see this wierd look on their face as they shovel yet another load of on top of the smoldering pile that’s already there. Somewhere deep in the recesses of their primitive brain the voice of animal reason cries out - This is stupid! Nobody will ever spend this money. Why should I smog up the place like this? Why waste my time and money…

It’s a tradition, no foreigner here will ever suceed to change.

And why bother, after all it’s hardly every day they do it.

I remember once when we started work after the CNY break. The mood was good, a few hongbao’s were passed out, and we were burning paper money and setting off firecrackers on the busy street in front of the office. Good mood and everybody were happy.

Among my former inlaws, the way it worked was that the men - me included - got up on the rook of their house and burned off paper money, while a few chickens were set up in front of the ancestor altar.

Once we were thru, we would sit, drink tea, and chat for an hour or so before going down.

When we moved into my current house, my ex wife also burned paper money off to some spirit guarding the house. her custom, and she even made an offering on a table facing the back door. The offering consisted of all my foreign foodstuffs… Poor spirits, I say…

In general, you get a bit farther if you respect te religious customs of the place you are in.

why dont they sacrifice switzerland instead…what did the swiss ever do for us…cuckoo clocks, chocolate and hoarded all that nazi loot…

(sorry random friday gibberish post…swiss army knife very nice )

Honestly I don’t see the big to-do about sacrificing sheep in a religious ceremony, and then eating the meat.

You can find a much more cruel example closer to home in the pigs some Taiwanese fatten up until they can’t stand up and then tube feed them even more. All so that they can kill them and stretch out their skins at a temple.

Do they eat that meat?

[quote=“the bear”]why dont they sacrifice switzerland instead…what did the swiss ever do for us…cuckoo clocks, chocolate and hoarded all that nazi loot…

(sorry random Friday gibberish post…swiss army knife very nice )[/quote]

too bad it’s not even friday yet :sunglasses:

[quote=“jdsmith”]
Do they eat that meat?[/quote]

Since when have the Taiwanese NOT eaten anything edible used in a religious offering?

It’s used all right.

What I don’t like here is that all the pork is fatty - I prefer lean pork. Lean pork is not as bad for you as some people would us to believe if eaten in moderation.

oooooooh…i luv the fatty pork. had it today at lunch in fact.

:bravo:

[quote=“Vannyel”]
The right thing??? Restricting someone’s religious practice is the right thing to do?[/quote]
Who’s talking about restricting their religious practice?
More importantly, [b]how’s killing over one million sheeps “religious”???[/b]

Um, don’t you mean “There should be ways to pressure them into doing what I think is the right thing”?
The sheep aren’t wasted – they’re eaten. How many million animals do you imagine are slaughtered every day by non-Muslims all over the world? Maybe you think the PETA fucktards should hand out cups of fake blood to little Muslim children or something like that?
That worked REAL well when they tried it on KFC eaters a while ago – only the little kids, of course, they were far too scared shitless to try their half-witted terror tactics on any grownups.
And before you start, I’m more or less vegetarian myself, but not because I think killing animals for food is wrong.[/quote]
Yes, that’s what I think and millions of other people think. I know millions and million of cows, pigs, chickens, and sheeps are being killed for food everyday. That’s why I’ve made the decision to be a vegetarian. [b]If I can sustain my life without having to put a knife into and thereupon inflict pains on another living being, why the hell not?[/b] Where is your compassion? I don’t believe in the hierarchy of food chain. I don’t believe anyone can just take away another living creature’s life simply because he can and he wants to. That’s cruelty. Unlike other animals, humans can think for themselves and make the decision to be vegetarians out of compassion.

I don’t really think this is a Vege VS Non-Vege debate.

Good idea.

The world be a better place for sure.

Yeah, like talking how fatty the pork is right on topic.

Well, you and millions of others feel that killing animals for food is wrong. I and millions of others don’t. I’m not going to try to change your mind, and there’s no way you’ll change mine, so lets leave that aside and concentrate on why you feel that sacrificing sheep is not religious. Why are these Muslims killing sheep if not as part of a religious ritual, in your opinion?