The invasion of Ukraine has amplified the risk of a Chinese invasion

2 posts were merged into an existing topic: From Ukraine invaded

I looked at several others nearby. The map designates three buildings in a group of small homes in the next section of Dongshan Road east of my place. Those are older buildings in the “storefront” style, with a large room in front, a set of stairs and toilet in the center and a tiny kitchen area in the back. Three basements in that row of houses are supposed to hold 520, 520 and 704 people. I nearly fell over laughing when I saw that.

They’ll probably need that many people to clear out all the old fridges and shit when bombs start falling.

It seemed implausible when the story came out. What a joke.

No

Taiwan has anti-tsnk missiles and it’s ordering Javelins as we speak.

What if tanks are not a part of the conflict?

1 Like

Iv wondered that myself. Perhaps China has learned and won’t send tanks.

Yes, those people are dead now.

According to your logic, two wrongs make a right?

The rules based approach is what’s brought us to our highest living standards ever. The Chinese Government and Russian government want to return to the bad old days of kings playing international chess and using their people as pawns in their petty squabbles.

1 Like

I am referring to the decline in African exports from 1960-2000’s

Particularly striking is the decline in the extent to which African agricultural production is exported

Regardless of the mechanisms which caused this, the opportunity to increase African agricultural exports still exists. It would be wise to diversify agricultural and food supply chain for obvious reasons.

youth bitching and moaning already. Don’t want to be part of china, but aren’t ready to fully commit, so what’s the strategy? hide behind biden?

1 Like

I’d rather be a citizen of the USA than a citizen of China, as all the elites have shown, they all hide their wealth abroad. wonder why?

Meanwhile, regarding China’s designs on invading Taiwan, former AIT director (and also Russian speaker) Stephen Young has this to say in today’s Taipei Times:

Guy

4 Likes

Blah blah blah . . . same song from Beijing for decades.

Since you replied to me, what do you have to say about the Stephen Young op-ed?

Guy

Same thing as I thought before, China’s resolve is pretty damn clear, their strategy will just shift.

That’s not in the article you linked.

1 Like

he’s back.

Three takeaways from the Taiwanese organization meeting I was at Saturday:

1. China has tried to funnel money into a state delegate candidate in Montgomery County, but this money has been traced by journalists.
  2. Almost all bills concerning military action on Taiwan’s behalf were introduced by Republicans.
  3. Signing an FTA with Taiwan is tremendously difficult because the trade representative’s office has been turned off by Taiwan not living up to its commitments with the silly pork thing.

what’s up with Taiwan’s jet fighters every few months falling out the sky?