The invasion of Ukraine has amplified the risk of a Chinese invasion

Some reservations and Appalachian towns are seriously sad.

1 Like

Iā€™ve been to the Ukraine in the 90sā€“Uzhhorodā€¦remember smoking shitloads of Cossack ciggies, drinking gallons of cheap wine from the local market and enjoying the Slavic beauties.

2 Likes

Every country has shit parts,
I agree pro-Ukraine as it can fuck up lots of shit worldwide being taken over easily.

China - Taiwan 2 days max and they know it. Xi maybe not as mental as Putin? does he want to fight his own Nationality, money and pressure will buy Taiwan.

Together they could develop a better car than the Germans :rofl: where all domestic Asian money goes.

1 Like

I didnā€™t understand a single thing you said. If you can reword for me, thatā€™d be great. Iā€™m interested as I can get a gist of the general direction youā€™re going.

1 Like

If we can make an ignominious ending for Putin, Xi will think twice.

7 Likes

These pics always remind me of

2 Likes

Iā€™m pro Ukraine but that doesnā€™t mean I expect everyone to be because I understand that people are individuals capable of thoughts and opinions.

Ever been to Joplin, Missouri? Flint, MI? Detroit? East St Louis, IL? I have.

Iā€™m from the US but have lived abroad for the last ten years in various countries, some more developed than others. I can tell you there are plenty of places in the US that look just as bad if not worse than a village in Ukraine.

Feel free to keep arguing though. Have you ever lived in the US and seen the homeless camps there? Have you ever worked with a non profit that directly supports those communities and sees how they have been abandoned by their local and federal governments?

1 Like

Fair enough, yeah talking shite.

What isnā€™t:
Russia has warned of ā€œserious consequencesā€ if Finland or Sweden were to join the Nato alliance

Iā€™m sure Putin is getting apoplectic about this tho:
Russia is stripped of Champions League final, kicked out of 2022 Eurovision Song Contest, and stopped from hosting F1 Grand Prix :rofl:

2 Likes

People in those cities make more money than they do in Ukraine, much more. They live longer too.

1 Like

If they can afford medical treatment that isā€¦ which is expensive as hell in the US.

1 Like

:joy::joy::joy: clearly you havenā€™t been there. Access to care, inequality of wealth, addiction, etc. This isnā€™t about who makes more money itā€™s about the fact that there are plenty of people in the US living in conditions that are not dissimilar to people in developing nations. Just stop. Pleaseā€¦ Itā€™s embarrassing.

In a way, it might not because of a few reasons.

1. This will for sure revitalize NATO members to fully commit. They got caught with their pants down.

2. The world understands Taiwan is also at risk. International awareness is always positive to Taiwan.

3. People once again see the uglinesses of war and a threat of another World war. There will be more pressure to stop anything like it.

4. Taiwan is going to ramp up defense seeing all of this.

5 Likes

Poor people are covered by Medicaid.

1 Like

Iā€™ll add one more:
5. If Putin kind of takes an L on this one, I mean suffers serious consequences, such as greater military losses than expected (itā€™s not a cakewalk or turns into a prolonged mess), lots of protests and then backlash from clamping down on protests, and most importantly makes his country / people poorer (especially his fellow oligarchs), it will serve to remind Xi and co. of the costs / downside risks to making any serious move on Taiwan. I think the Chinese are aware of these risks and itā€™s perhaps the main reason they havenā€™t invaded and arenā€™t likely to try any time soon, but if this turns into a debacle for Putin it could really drive it home.

6 Likes

Ukraine GDP/capita (pre-invasion): US$3,728
Taiwan GDP/capita: US$33,780

2 Likes

+Joplin, MO GDP/Capita: US$36,000

I was thinking the exact same thing.

We should make it as bad for Putin as possible.

I think it will turn into an Iraq-style quagmire for them. I was seeing that even female members of Parliament are arming themselves with AK-47s to join the resistance. Russia may temporarily overrun some cities, but I can see this becoming a bloody insurgency. Plus no one is going to accept whatever puppet ruler they try to install.

Iā€™m having serious doubts about that, TBH. But I donā€™t know.

1 Like

Purchasing power parity would explain a lot of it.