The invasion of Ukraine has amplified the risk of a Chinese invasion

They have not been doing it quietly .it has been loud, obvious and they laugh at everyone on record while holding them by the neck. Never let the world find a scape goat in saying the CCP were masterminds and so sneaky, bullshit! The world was just greedy and sellfish, there is little more to the story. We all bought and paid for the comming conflicts and wars with china. Literally.

2 Likes

Obviously you have not ventured out of your 30 km radius and are speaking of a place you have never been to. Ukraine has a vibrant culture and community.

Yes, it has corruption and poverty like most other countries (Taiwan, US, Russia, China, Philippines, Hungary, Romania, Brazil, Mexico, I could go on and onā€¦) If anything it is a transitional country as it was formerly under the control of the Soviet Union. To use third world as a derogatory term (when in fact it originally meant non-aligned country) to describe a place you have never lived in or likely visited speaks volumes about you.

4 Likes

I didnā€™t realize you had been to Taiwan before, let alone since the COVID outbreak!

Yes. But, Iā€™m pretty sure @OysterOmelet has been to Ukraine, and you havenā€™t been to Taiwan despite all of the things you have said about this country and those of us living here happilyā€¦

Havenā€™t been to Afghanistan or NK either but doubt anyone in their right mind would argue they are advanced nations. The antiquated meaning is irrelevant. In todayā€™s world it means a developing country.

Actually I have been to Taiwan before. But thanks for explaining my life to me. And if you do not know what ā€œthird world countryā€ implies then you are just as bad as he is. Maybe Mr. Oyster can speak for himself about why he uses incorrect terms to describe Ukraine. Or do you have to do all of the explaining for him?

1 Like

So you would compare Ukraine to Afghanistan as far as how developed they are? Ukraine is not a developing country any more than Taiwan is.

1 Like

I said I didnā€™t realize. I remember asking if youā€™d worked in Asia before and you listed some places you had travelled to but I donā€™t remember Taiwan. I was seeking clarification, not giving an explanation (this, here, has been an explanation).

I understand both the historical definition and the present common usage, not that it makes me better than him.

He has, youā€™re new

I tend to swing at the lowest hanging fruit that I see on the Flob

1 Like

Prague doesnā€™t look much different than the US??? Thatā€™s the most hilarious thing I have ever heard. And he also says that Taiwan doesnā€™t look much better than Ukraine. Interestingā€¦so Taiwan is perhaps a ā€œthird world countryā€ as well?

He visited Odessa, I visited Taipei ages ago before COVID.

Iā€™ve been to Ukraine. We took pictures outside the Odessa Opera House. But one can be educated and poor.

Iā€™d love to talk about my trip though.

Thatā€™s funny because Iā€™ve seen countless people here use third world as a derogatory term to describe a place called Taiwan all the time.

Is this a joke? So Ukraine is a developed country?

Uh ok so because everyone you know on here does it makes it ok somehow?

That is not actually correct and very unfortunately is becoming less correct as we speak

2 Likes

Get back to me with the condition of Taiwan after China starts bombing/invading it. War generally doesnā€™t do wonders for the living conditions of a place.

No one is blaming the Ukrainian people. It is still a fact that their country is getting closer to ruin though.

No

Since we all should be pro-Ukraine right now, Iā€™ll stop using that word for the sake of unity.

No one says you have to be pro-Ukraine but itā€™s an outdated term that is pretty offensive to people. I feel a lot of sympathy for the Russian people that are going to die in this conflict because I know a lot of them donā€™t want this to be happening either.

I felt more comfortable living in Kyiv at the time that I did than in most US cities for whatever thatā€™s worth (until covid). I think parts of the US are more undeveloped and shitty than places Iā€™ve seen in Eastern Europe.

2 Likes

I provided an extreme example to make my point. You donā€™t necessarily have to have visited a place to guess how developed it is. We have the internet now.

Ukraine is definitely nothing like those two.

Yes, I have to agree thatā€™s an extreme example that you used there. I definitely have not lived in Afghanistan but I did live in Ukraine.

Iā€™m not sure how well I think ā€œinternet researchā€ is going in our current society LOL

1 Like

Which parts? Iā€™m curious.

At this moment we should all be pro-Ukraine.