The Iran Thread

You just can’t make this shit up.

From Reuters:

[quote]
City tackles titillating mannequins

Mon Oct 31, 2005 1:44 PM GMT15

TEHRAN (Reuters) - Police in northeastern Iran are launching a new morality drive by confiscating alluring mannequins from boutiques and clothes stalls in the bazaar, authorities in the city of Bojnourd said on Monday.

A spokesman for the city’s judiciary, who asked not be named, explained the drive would tackle problems of “public chastity”. Sixty five mannequins have been impounded so far.[/quote]

tinyurl.com/cu7bl

I don’t wanne know that they do to the poor things.

We can expect to see thim on TV as hostages for the fashion industry to design only black robes in the future, I guess.

Speaking of kids. Here’s a nice little video from Iran. It’s about how the muderous Zionists kill off a kid’s family and the brotherly club of freedomfighters allows the kid to join them. He learns how to tie a belt of grenades around his waist. He then jumps into a truck carrying Zionists and a coffin, pins the pins and blows himself up.

Damn man. Them kids need some Itchy and Scratchy. :loco:

littlegreenfootballs.com/weblog/weblog.php

Speaking about kids, did you hear about schools shootings in America ?

Where’s a freakin moderator when you need one?! Can you guys get any further off topic??? :unamused:

Yeah, I suppose so . . . . rant on ranters.

YAWN . . . . .

Bodo

Well . . . . since we’re off topic anyway . . . . Why does the US gov’t give a flying fuck about Israel these days? Well, I know the highly influential Jewish lobby in the US does, but why does US policy? Can’t we somehow dispatch with our imagined obligations to this country? Surely they can fend for themselves by now? It’s been what? Since 1947 that we’ve been subsidizing their existence? Will it ever end? Surely they’re not THAT strategic are they? Are they our little spies in the Middle East? What is it???

Bodo

They make a damned good Sesame Fallafel there. Hmmm…

Don’t get fooled, has nothing to do with WWII.

Even Araft was seens lurking into Israel buying a plate full of it. He was said to take a pot of the mayonaise for it home with him afterwards.

Allah knows for which purpose.

Yours,

Boba Meir

Because it is an important ally, a friend and a democracy.

I seriously doubt that the Jewish lobby in the US has more clout than the oil producing nations of the Gulf, especially Saudi Arabia. We have 1 billion Muslims and 300 million Arabs but we are going to side with 6 million Israelis (20 percent of whom are Arab) because of a Jewish cabal?

You sound like Spook. Fair point. But in my opinion, I agree with a writer who once compared Israel and Jews and the hatred thereof to the canary in the mine. It is not about supporting Israel or Jews but about supporting freedom and democracy and I would say that Israel has that in spades. Compare it with the neighboring regimes. The problem is not Israel but the diseased body politic in the Arab world. Take out Israel. Make it a Muslim state. How many here believe that Arab and Muslim grievances would disappear and that suddenly there would be “peace” in the Middle East? That is not the problem. There has to be an outsider to hate. Then the pressure would be racheted up to recover Spain and Portugal. Recall Germany in the 1930s. There were enemies at home and abroad that had to be dealt with and these necessitated tough measures etc. This template was exported nearly 100 percent to the Middle East at the same time. That is why in fighting Islamofascism, in a way, we are fighting the final battles of World War II. We are fighting for the rights of the individual over those of the gangster-like, all-encompassing submission to the collective.

Why are Jordan and Egypt at peace with Israel? Why not Syria and Iran? Think about it.

[quote=“fred smith”]
Why are Jordan and Egypt at peace with Israel? Why not Syria and Iran? Think about it.[/quote]

Maybe it’s because we give them 2 billion dollars per year. What percentage of the Egyptian population actually supports its government’s policies as a matter of principle?

Because it is an important ally, a friend and a democracy.
[/quote]

Countries like Germany, France or WhoElseistan merely care about their own affairs, not others.
I like to bash the Bush gov now and then, but I note that this is a very advanced attitude of caring for others, which seems to be mostly American now. Socially advanced.

[when I nag I will also give positive credit
:blush: ]

itn.co.uk/news/876559.html

[i]A cartoon that encourages young people to become suicide bombers has purportedly been broadcast on Iranian children’s TV.

The programme depicts a young Palestinian character strapping grenades to his body and sacrificing his life to kill Israeli soldiers.

The cartoon was put on the internet by an Israeli-linked media research centre who claim it was broadcast on Iran’s IRIB TV channel last week.

It comes soon after Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad prompted international outrage when he made a speech calling for Israel to be wiped off the map.[/i]

[quote=“Chewycorns”]http://www.itn.co.uk/news/876559.html

[i]A cartoon that encourages young people to become suicide bombers has purportedly been broadcast on Iranian children’s TV.

The programme depicts a young Palestinian character strapping grenades to his body and sacrificing his life to kill Israeli soldiers.

The cartoon was put on the internet by an Israeli-linked media research centre who claim it was broadcast on Iran’s IRIB TV channel last week.

It comes soon after Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad prompted international outrage when he made a speech calling for Israel to be wiped off the map.[/i]
[/quote]

The could underline it with this MASH TV show theme:

Suicide is painless,
it brings on many changes…

Dum di dum di dum didel dei …

:s

[quote]Iran is facing political paralysis as its newly elected president purges government institutions, bringing accusations that he is undertaking a coup d’

Just to clarify, I assume you are saying the President of Iran is a nut and not the people of Iran? According to the following article, the people of Iran are extremely unhappy with him too (but I doubt they would appreciate the US invading their country and killing their people in order to “liberate” them :wink: ).

[quote]President stirs resentment at highest levels and on the streets of Iran

Mahmoud Ahmadinejad faces a range of critical problems with the west, ranging from Iran’s nuclear ambitions to its deep hostility to Israel. But the Iranian president’s handling of these flashpoints is also creating internal problems - reaching the highest levels in Tehran. .

Mr Ahmadinejad has divided the powerful clerical establishment as well as alienating moderates, an informed Iranian source said yesterday. "He is defying everybody. . .

Mr Ahmadinejad’s mixture of confrontationalism and inexperience is increasing ructions at home. Several rows have flared about his nominees for key ministries . . His purge of dozens of senior ministers, officials and diplomats brought an unusual rebuke this week from Akbar Hashemi Rafsanjani, a former president . . .

For Iran’s population at large, it is the president’s failure so far to create jobs, raise living standards or crack down on corruption associated with Iran’s oil industry that is most serious. His planned extension of state controls of the economy and his peremptory sacking of seven state bank presidents has undermined business confidence.

His idea of offering state handouts to newlyweds has not changed public perception that he and his inexperienced cabinet have failed to get to grips with the main economic problems for the country’s 70 million people. . .[/quote]
guardian.co.uk/iran/story/0, … 49,00.html

Yes, I mean the President and the Ayatola. I don’t think the US should invade Iran, before Syria anyway. A few well placed bombs would be ok though.

Now the propaganda becomes even more ridiculous.
Gingrich speaks complete utter bollux.

This is the equivilent of saying Bugs Bunny and Marvin the Martian are going to hit us with a death ray aimed from the moon.

'WASHINGTON

cake -
What political office does Mr. Gingrich presently hold?

Oh, and …
Dictionary - Thesaurus - Encyclopedia - Web
Top Web Results for “bollux”

No entry found for bollux.

WTF?

He’s on the payroll, it doesn’t matter what mask he hides behind.

bollux is bollocks.

[quote=“cake”]Now the propaganda becomes even more ridiculous.
Gingrich speaks complete utter bollux.

This is the equivilent of saying Bugs Bunny and Marvin the Martian are going to hit us with a death ray aimed from the moon.

'WASHINGTON

Newt Gingrich playing the “most dangerous person since Hitler” card in a speech on the Middle East? Why that’s preposterous!:slight_smile:

“Second, if you read Richard Butler, the Australian ambassador who is in charge of the United Nations inspection - if you read his book, which you can find by the way at newt.org, I’ll put in a plug, he’s very clear about Saddam. He says Saddam wants to use these weapons. He is trying to develop biological and chemical and nuclear weapons. He is going to use them when he gets them. And he’s going to use them on Israel and Iran and he’d be glad to use them on us if we show up in the neighborhood. And Butler is very clear. I mean he regards Saddam as the most dangerous person since Adolf Hitler.”