The January 6th commission and January 6th defendants

I hated Hillary more. Way more.

Let’s not go into that.

2 Likes

I wouldn’t want to risk democracy!

2 Likes

I didn’t vote for either (Gary Johnson 4eva!), but would have preferred Hillary for what I considered to be a higher floor, despite a lower ceiling. I was clearly wrong.

2 Likes

This goes here because 1/6 is now officially the voting rights boondoggle.

It is truly the anxiety and paranoia of the left that allows them to project their antipathy this far into the future.

The next attempted coup will not be a mob attack, but a carefully plotted and even technically legal one. Instead of costumed rioters, the insurrectionists are men in suits and ties

This is outrageous rhetorical sabotage of the political system. The hell are these people thinking? And the bad guys? Anyone who votes “against them.”

Jfc

And there’s more:

Do the respondents in all these polls fully realize what these terms mean or their answers imply? Possibly not. Talk is often cheap, and pollsters can ask a lot of provocative questions in pursuit of something noteworthy — or buzzworthy.

If NPR has to ask these kinds of questions, maybe they shouldn’t publish smash and grab attention seeking headlines.

1 Like

generally, I think this is a safe statement

2 Likes

This guy is a knob but gtfooh. If he didn’t roll himself into the capital building then stfu.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/north-carolina-voters-file-suit-221923127.html

• The voters contend that Cawthorn violated the 14th Amendment, which states that no person, “who, having previously taken an oath, as a member of Congress … shall have engaged in insurrection or rebellion.”

Name one person charged with insurrection on 1/6. Yeah. Thought so. Stfu

1 Like
3 Likes
2 Likes

That’s been detweeted by Kinzinger. :roll:

I’m starting to seriously dislike this piece of shit Kinzinger. Does he really think there was no reason to ask questions about this guy? And they stonewalled until even yesterday apparently. And that’s not the last question, far from it.

1 Like
3 Likes

Fact Check:

On twitter Marco Rubio claimed that “you’re not going to convince most normal and sane people that our government last year was almost overthrown by a guy wearing a Viking hat and speedos.” We assess the veracity of that statement.

There is no evidence that the Vikings wore horned helmets, and nothing like this has ever been discovered in any archaeological dig. They certainly wore helmets but they would have been simple skullcaps, designed to protect the head from impact. Having a pair of horns on your head in battle would not have been helpful if warriors were striking at you with clubs, swords or axes.

The helmet plaques from Sutton Hoo and Vendel suggest that god-like warriors donned helmets with protruding ‘horns’ (although these are actually hook-beaked birds), but the Viking raiders and traders did not.The modern idea of Vikings in horned helmets originated in the 19th century, but it was Richard Wagner’s The Ring Cycle [a cycle of four operas by the German composer based loosely on characters from the Norse sagas] that seared it into the modern imagination. Costume designer Carl Emil Doepler (1824–1905) created horned helmets in the 1870s for the Viking characters, and so the myth was born. Numerous cartoonists, filmmakers and artists have continued this fantasy right up to the present day.

We rate Rubio’s claim as false with 4 Pinocchios.

2 Likes

He’s got nicer legs than Hitler, and bigger tits than Cher.

Is this ferrealz?

No, I was just making fun of fact checkers.

1 Like

Well, given that Pompeo is getting fact checked for losing weight, who knows? lol

1 Like

10 now charged with seditious conspiracy.

They should absolutely be subpoenaed. I would stay home from work to watch that.

I’ll have to track down the indictment. Maybe more are coming, but I’d like to know as far as these morons how much they contributed to the riot happening or conversely how much they were just along for the ride.

1 Like