The January 6th commission and January 6th defendants

I wonder if they have recovered from their whiney trauma?

And in other news, there is money to be in lying to people:

The significance of the January 6 riot should be neither dismissed nor exaggerated. For sheer destructive force, it pales in comparison with the street anarchy that began in May 2020 and that has continued relentlessly in the form of shootings, savage beatings and robberies, carjackings, and looting. Physical damage at the Capitol was minimal, especially compared with the infernos that burned businesses to the ground and destroyed thousands of livelihoods. Members of Congress were in no real danger; Mike Pence was not going to be lynched, regardless of the Democrats’ dumb literalism and willful inability to recognize political hyperbole.

But while quantitatively less destructive, the January 6 riot is qualitatively different from much of the race riots and from sometimes racially motivated street crime. Attacking the processes and symbols of democratic government has the potential to crater all of American society. If the juvenile vandalism of January 6 was far from realizing that potential, it nevertheless represents a dangerous impulse. It is not inconceivable that that impulse will play out again, especially given the persistent belief of many Republican voters that the 2020 election was stolen. It is also not inconceivable that Democrats will be next to use force in the hope of reversing an election. They have already threatened elected officials in their homes and used mob tactics to protest unwanted Supreme Court confirmations.

The epistemological problem complicating any analysis of January 6 is that the participants sincerely believed that the election was stolen. That belief changes one’s judgment of who is defending democracy and who is threatening it. Republican leaders who know better should rebut the rigged election claims. Their silence in the face of Trump’s continuing demagoguery on the topic only contributes to the country’s fissures.

The liberal media has the same game plan every election they lose, they did the same thing in 2000-2001, they riled up the Dems big time leading up to the George Bush Inauguration - particularly nasty coverage — to the point that many young Democrats already thought “Hitler 2.0” was elected to office before the motorcade even pulled up to the White House. It’s funny (and sad) looking back on basically the same old behavior. People in rushed into the road to block him from getting to the White House and they had to make a diversion - Bush had even asked to walk a portion of it, which he did, but they quickly put him back in because of the violent protesters attacking people and throwing things at the motorcade. Same behavior, same signs, same chants, same hyperbolic comparisons.

Contrast this with Biden’s inauguration in a totally locked down city with tens of thousands of national Guard troops and a field of 200,000 flags (where/how did that have that many on short notice? Did they airfreight them in from China?) in place of supporters - unbelievably pathetic.

Listen to the commentators in the first link - same lines, same criticisms, same comparisons. And they love reading out loud what people wrote on their signs…well played media! “Not my words, just repeating what we…I mean, they wrote on their signs!”

1 Like

Watching Maria Schriver in the first clip. Very few pro Bush signs here, yet the crowd behind her is cheering and waving. Makes sense as Republicans cain’t write! :laughing:

And how many of those DC cops beating on people were heroes then? :laughing:

1 Like

As pointed out by Aaron Mate on Useful Idiots podcast

“How much of the story do you think you have?”
“I think we know a lot of the narrative…if everything shut down today, we’d be able to put out a powerful and substantive narrative…”

lol. oh goodie! sounds thrilling

He wants to wave his magic wand and know what Trump knew was coming, more than anything in the whole, wide, world. Surprise, I guess they have no evidence Trump knew anything you think? Makes sense since the FBI says they have no serious evidence of prior planning. How about we stay away from magical realism on this one and stick with the facts? I guess that’s too boring for this bozo.

1 Like

Staggering admission.

1 Like

I know you’ve been moving on this for some time, so I mean this both facetiously (I know this isn’t a new revelation for you) and sincerely. Many who hate Trump but value truth have been pointing this stuff out for a long time.

I know. I’m fashionably late. Admittedly I wasn’t looking into it that closely before.

1 Like

YOu just thought we was batshit for a while. :crazy_face:

Well, he may not have been wrong about that.

1 Like

I still don’t think he feels the way I do about Biden being a creepy pedo. :whistle:

1 Like

We? I don’t recall you being among the Trump-hating faction. No apologies for that. Don’t try to turn it around on me!

Now you’re just proving my point :smiley:

1 Like

Ah, nah. The other guys.

Any time you wanna watch Joe pinch other people’s kids nipples, let me know.

Umm…I’m fairly certain that day will never come.

1 Like

He did the one thing he had to do. No buyer’s remorse there.

Not even a little bit? lol

They could wheel him out in a chair once in a while AFAIC! That would probably be better actually

I know this was to JD, but I’ve always hated Trump…I grew up in the NorthEast and knew he was a wacko from the start. But…

I hated him since I was a kid, reading the Daily News, listening to morons go on about him.

1 Like