Thanks! It does get tricky sometimes 
Yes, let’s talk about ideas. Why don’t we start by talking about these ideas - or claims. Are they valid, part of some kind of con, something else?
I mean, if these claims were true, certainly they would point toward the Jordan Peterson phenomenon being a cult, yeah?
Your powers of persuasion are impressive. I didn’t find that blurb very compelling the first time you posted it, but the second time, well, something just clicked. And all those glowing reviews on Amazon…I’m this close to pulling the trigger.
Inherent to the claim that the Jordan Peterson phenomenon is a cult is the idea that cult followers are obliged to protect the cult leader. Criticism must be dismissed and critics belittled and admonished. Cult members will not engage with evidence, but rather ignore and dismiss evidence. This garners positive feedback from other cult members which helps supply cult followers with a sense of identity. Critical thinking is discouraged, so when an interloper says something like: your guru promotes animal sacrifice. Isn’t that a bit strange? the cult followers will never ask themselves: Is this claim true? Again, their role is to negate, protect, and affirm self-and-group identity. It doesn’t matter that they’re wrong. People find belonging in being wrong.
How about this. JP has reached superstardom for various reasons. He has plenty of critics. Many people wish to take him out. When I see those people distance themselves from your book…it tells me there’s nothing there.
This looks like a failed attempt to curtail off someone else’s success. No one seems to be talking about your book. No one seems to be buying your book. With so many people who dislike JP…it’s actually pretty shocking that this book has failed so badly.
That is where my critical think has concluded. I’ve yet to read 1 positive review off a man who was a number 1 seller on Amazon.
Oh, yes I am! And just because I’m short, there’s no need to pick on me! Racist! ![]()
Wait a second, Jordan Peterson is obliging people to protect him, am I getting that right? Want to take this one step at a time here
Dismiss the messenger and the message. Say anything - anything at all - to avoid the evidence, to pretend it doesn’t exist.
Q. Does Peterson really advocate animal sacrifice?
A. He’s successful.
Q. Does he really identify as a saviour?
A. Who are you and how dare you criticize him?
Q. Is it true that he says the alt-right project is “incomplete”?
A. You’re wrong, because… you’re wrong.
Another hallmark of a cult anti-scientific thinking. There’s no virus, Trump has been stymied by the deep state, global warming is a liberal hoax, and Jordan Peterson is not a neo-Nazi And no, I won’t be looking at any “evidence” that suggests he is; I wouldn’t lower myself. What do you take me for? Thoughtful?
We have a saying in South Africa (in Afrikaans) that goes:
“As kakpraat gras was, is jy al lankal uit die donkie se hol uit.”
Look it up.

Being short is your most redeeming characteristic.
Ridiculous. Being fat and stupid are my most redeeming characteristics.
What? You weren’t fat when I saw you
Perhaps we should take this to a private cubicle. ![]()
When you come out with a book that makes what your average reader would see as outrageous or even ridiculous claims, it seems like what you’d want to do right off the bat is produce some compelling evidence, not make circular arguments about cult behavior. Your key challenge, as I see it, would be getting people to take you seriously. How’s that working out for you?
Hitler comparisons are so 2020, can’t Mao or Pol Pot get some love too?
Hey, he’s just getting started. I may just wait and get the whole leather-bound set.
I think the author needs to check his eurocentric xenophobia. Mao killed 80m and Pol pot around 2m. How many people do they need to kill to get some damn recognition!
I feel like you’re trying to con idiots into buying your book(s), yes.
Big if, but I’ll bite
How can you justify this one? Just one or two of your best arguments or pieces of evidence will suffice for discussion (you do have a book to shill, after all)!
