The K-man's finest hour(s)

I’m thinking we might want to start clipping the K-Man’s work and posting it here. He seems hell-bent on reporting every time a big nose farts in Taiwan.

Best line from this article: “there was no plate number visible on the skateboard”

6 Likes

a) Foreign dangerous things are more dangerous.

b) If they made an article about every dangerous thing a Taiwanese person did, they’d bust the internet.

c) Buses are sacred in Taiwan, like cows in India.

d) All of the above

That’s pretty epic, but I’d still go with “driving Taiwanese netizens into a frenzy”

8 Likes

This has been posted elsewhere I think, but I would like to see more of this kind of article.

2 Likes

It’s interesting how all the surveillance cameras magically start working when a misbehaving foreigner is involved. :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

13 Likes

Kind of odd that it’s posted under “society” in the Taiwan News as it’s a Thai football team and not related to Taiwan at all.

1 Like

I love the attention to detail in the writing:

“The uniforms seem all the more ridiculous as the men wearing them appear to be middle-aged and have an angry expression that strongly clashes with the happy-go-lucky spirit of the cuddly cartoon kitty.”

A picture may be worth a thousand words, but that does not stop him from getting 36 more in.

2 Likes

Basically I think K just lurks on Facebook all day and writes salacious stories that are then butchered by the subs. Come to think of it it sounds like quite a cool job.

1 Like

Actually that FB group mentioned is considered a serious source of information and it is a go to by local newsreporters, just as YouTube!

Oh, and I am serious.

H. Kitty may evoke angry memories in Thais, going back to a certain Major General who was a fan but joined the Reds and got shot in the head in 2010. Not the likely explanation, but always possible.

Unless your name is Dean.

That’s Illuminati-level stuff. Um, no comment…

This word is very suspicious
Abba2
[ab-uh]
Spell Syllables
noun, ( sometimes lowercase)
a title of reverence for bishops and patriarchs in the Coptic, Ethiopian Christian, and Syriac churches.

1 Like

The main difference is they can sing better. :wink:

1 Like

You’re a fan already? Wow, that was quick! :smile:

Yes…of the other Abba. The Scandinavian kind still sucks.

Discobot says there’s hope for you, so anything is possible. :rainbow:

I’ll take Taiwan News over frigin CNA any day. Yesterday, they used the wrong picture for a news piece we used as basis for our article. Well, when my boss discovered it, she made me write anothers news piece about the picture, not the news. So we end up with a year old thing coming out today…

And the pictures… I am dead sure they have a 2nd hand cheap cellphone stock they put up, while the good stuff… the good stuff, well, I don’t know what they do with it.

Back to Keoni: I hope that the use of “America” is his editors imposition.

“On Happiness Road premiered in Japan yesterday, and many viewers were moved to tears.” I know not how a self-respecting western journalist could write that. Apart from the sentimentality its actually poor English.

“Living in America” is obviously a hip reference to the James Brown song.

1 Like

I agree, but you need to get your apostrophes in order before throwing stones.

Maybe we are assuming his ethnicity…or the power of his editor. I can see the editor changing the stuff “so Taiwanese can understand it better”, or any of the multiple reasons they do give. Another popular one is “translate it literally”, so “there will be no mistakes”.

Just saying, we cannot skewer the guy over stuff we do not know he has power of decision with.