The K-man's finest hour(s)

Wonderful use of photography here

"Passengers waiting for a Taiwan Railways Administration (TRA) at a station"

Waiting for a what? Did K-Man have a stroke and missed a word, or is a “TRA” a vehicle?

Anyway, thank God the guy acted like a complete lunatic and people were staying away from him from the beginning.

“On Monday (March 25), Kao posted a message on Facebook: “The day after tomorrow I’ve decided to copy the ‘Cheng Chieh case.’” Kao shared many news articles about Cheng on his Facebook page and made threats such as, “I am Satan. I feel the urge to kill people.””

yeah, you’d probably want your police to pay a little visit when someone posts stuff like that. It’s not like they’re overloaded solving crimes or anything.

2 Likes

Trip to paradise is a bargain especially when Chinese tourists aren’t there (en masse).

Why isn’t he using Hanyu pinyin? This journalist is really some special kind…

You jest reminded me of my honeymoon in Malaysia. My wife and I were on a guided tour to see local wildlife and the guide clearly told us:“The monkey we’re going to see are often hard to find because they don’t like noises, so if we spot them we need to stay as quiet as possible”.
Our boat passed by a few trees with those monkeys, the guide pointed at them without saying anything and 3 goddamn Chinese tourists started screaming:“猴子!!!猴子!猴子!!!有猴子!!!”. Jesus Christ.
I told my wife:“Thank God they told us those were monkeys, I thought they were hippos”

3 Likes

…and then they turned around and pointed at the monkeys in the trees. :smile:

1 Like

Needless to say, as they were screaming:“猴子!!!" like mongs, they were also pointing in the direction of the monkeys on the trees. The same direction the tour guide was pointing to. The same direction everyone was already looking in (to?).
It was a mix of shock and embarrassment, though nothing will ever beat my first visit to the 101 during which a chinese tourist held her 2/3 yo kid above a rubbish bin to let him poo NEXT TO THE ENTRANCE OF THE RESTROOMS.
That was before the chinese communist government decided to PUNISH Taiwan by cutting tourism.
OH.THE.PAIN.

3 Likes

download%20(42)

"the interaction between the U.S. and Taiwan has increasingly been cutting sausages to add chips. "

samuel_johnson_by_joshua_reynolds

Is K-Man doing crack at work?

2 Likes

Not sure what this means, but it’s making me hungry.

Time to start buying surface to air missles…

Could it be auto-correct? It’s actually “cutting corners to add (bargaining) chips”?

The bizarre quote from K-man is purportedly a direct quotation from a Global Times editorial. Since I have no interest in further damaging my brain by reading that pro-Beijing mouthpiece, I’ll leave it at that.

Guy

Might it be a possible mis-translation of a Chinese idiom?

I don’t know, but the fact that it happened is fascinating.

“CUTTING SAUSAGES”…yeah sounds about right, cut, print.

1 Like

I am not a native speaker and I have done teh Google search and I can´t find any reference in English. Is this a direct translation from Taiwanese? Cause Chinese it sounds… weird.

Russians putting them up in Venezuela, why can´s we get some here?

Have I told you about this delicious contraption we have in the ol country called salchipapas? As teh name implies, you have deep fried sausages cut in bits, mixed with French fries, all swimming in what we call “pink” sauce -secret recipe available on line. Yummy.

I think Huanqiu Times is referencing the

1 Like

Lord have mercy, it sounds like fast-food crack! I almost drooled on my desk…:hushed: