The Marjorie Greene Thread

1 Like

I’m sure she’s secured re-election forever, yes. R-Rep. Nicole Malliotakis from NYC voted against, that’s interesting

Certainly. The Democrats weren’t aiming for the the people of her constituency who supported her, or the MAGA types who would donate to her; they wanted to tar the whole Republican Party with her image, to peel off suburban moderate voters. They got what they wanted.

4 Likes

That’s the way it is, apparently. Republicans are “perverse.”

She’s black? I thought she was just a lying, fraudulent asshole:

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/video/2021/02/03/rep_ilhan_omar_on_marjorie_taylor_greene_republicans_cannot_just_wave_a_magic_wand_and_attack_the_black_congresswoman.html

“I just happen to embody all of these identities and I want to make sure that we are clear on this,” she said. “This is not about me and it should not be about me. This is about a member of the Republican caucus who has repeatedly incited violence and Republicans can’t just wave a magic wand and attack the Black Congresswoman.”

I think it is absolutely about her.

1 Like

I’m not defending her OO. Just following an interesting narrative. :wink:

Speaking of the narrative:

2 Likes

The thing the GOP never seems to get, with people like Orangeman, or Space Lasers, is that when you bow to lunatics, you have no idea what’s coming around the corner in terms of what you will have to defend.

I know, it’s stupid, they’re already defending the indefensible. I think they like these types because they’re loud now and they think that ‘wins’, I don’t think they really get that it’s burning people off the GOP base, in addition to mobilizing democrats.

3 Likes

Just when you think Republicans have bottomed out they invent new ways to forge ahead in the race to the bottom.

3 Likes

I think that certainly could be one side of it.

What do you think the other side? I’m not a GOP nut, but somewhat conservative. Is it possible that a reason people like me are neutral about the current political oneupmanship GOP backlash is bc of the Russian Collusion horsehit? Unless they were really after Paul Manafort and Roger Stone, the entire Trump portion, which was pushed and pushed and came up zero was just nasty and somewhat unnecessary. It seemed quite spiteful, personal even.

To the typical voter the details of this stuff is just noise, if GOP wants to talk about it, they’re only talking to their deep base, going back to what I said.

I get it, they got ‘success’ with the Trump formula of disinformation and conspiracies. Until they didn’t and voters woke up to it.

Now that there’s double coverage they’re going to try the same passing pattern. That’s how smart the GOP is at its core.

1 Like

I’m not sure I get this part. I think if Trump had won the GOP brass would have put MORE of their shoulder into his cart. I’ve read that Trump picked up a lot of NEW votes, from a diverse crowd of people. What did the voters you’re referring to wake up to?

Or they do get it, but don’t care and wanna go out with guns blazing like Tony Montana

He lost and they’re putting more shoulder in.

The conspiracies and water muddying tactics are both waking up the democrat base, and driving the non Q people away from the GOP.

All of these people are realizing there’s nothing to the GOP anymore but smoke and mirrors, and that they’re dangerous.

2 Likes

65% voter turnout in the U.S. this year. The GOP could easily win a presidential election if they appealed to the 35% that didn’t show up. It’s all there for them, everything. But you know they’ll NEVER do what they need to do to recruit that 35% of votes. They’d rather go down with their identity politics ship.

And here, with Marjorie Greene the face of Republicans leading their ship to the bottom of the Atlantic, we let Whitney Houston sing out their fate like a Greek chorus:

Didn’t we almost have it all
When love was all we had worth giving
The ride with you was worth the fall my friend
Loving you makes life worth living
The nights we held on till the morning
You know you’ll never love that way again

2 Likes

I’m seeing a pullback from my side. The support he had was Gamestock high. It still has a way to fall I believe. The worst thing the Dems could to, as it might end with prolonging the whole Trump thing is the new impeachment, despite being the deserved one.

Kinda works both ways doesn’t it?

What both ways? The Dems have won the popular vote every year since '04. What will change that besides voter suppression?

EDIT: Certainly not changing as long as Marjorie Green GQP idiot brigade types define their party.

1 Like

I’m just glad Democrats regained full control of government because it’s the only way we’re going to get our next round of free money. Republicans are just way too stingy about putting new charges on our grandkids’ credit card.

Voter suppression is definitely a problem, in part because GOP election wins allow them to tweak laws for their own benefit. At the same time, Dems could win more elections if the far left didn’t turn people off. I’m not saying these are equivalent situations, I was only pointing out that the way you wrote it works both ways. If you can’t agree that the left might have an identity politics problem that has held them back nationally, please go do that reading I suggested…

1 Like