The Mc Afrika

I can’t wait for these to come out here. :smiley:

I’m on McDonald’s side on this one.

The word “Africa” = “starving” :loco:

That’s a pretty hard reputation for a continent to shake.

Millions of people are starving in India, too, so I guess I can’t go to any places that name themselves “Indian” restaurants, because it would be insensitive of me to eat Indian food that many real Indians can’t afford.

More PC bullshit. I’m guessing the tie-up is to the unleaven bread ‘buns’. I’d like to try one.

How on earth can this be perceived to ignore the starvation crisis? But good idea to contribute the proceeds.

Truant wrote [quote]More PC bullshit.[/quote]

Say that again. Equating Africa with starvation is insulting to Africans.

Crap. Not everyone in Africa is starving. The PC brigade is obsessed with the starving child images. What about all the nice things in Africa? That looks like a doner kebab. Might be nice.

Ah. Lunchtime…

I want a McTaiwon (note catchy spelling). Is it beef? Is it chicken? Who has the right to decide? :stuck_out_tongue:

It will be sharp chicken bones wrapped up in leathery doufu. Which is what was served in my company’s canteen today. Like trying to eat a nail bun.

How can they know it’s tasteless unless they try it?

In another galaxy, McDonald’s would be able to give them the one-finger salute and ask, “Would you like fries with that?”

Oh, if you think that the McAfrika burger is sisspelled, then you might want consider that the burger in question is launched in Norway. Africa is spelled “Afrika” in Norway.

Also, as the recipe for the burger gets its inspiration from Africa, according to the Aftenposten piece.

Oh, if you think that the McAfrika burger is sisspelled, then you might want consider that the burger in question is launched in Norway. Africa is spelled “Afrika” in Norway.[/quote]

Oh, so it’s really a “McAfrica” after all. Pity, I thought the spelling was kind of funky, even though I still think it’s kind of weird to name a burger after a continent, inspired or not…

Edit: I just remembered we did have the McOz, although to be fair, that was in Australia :laughing:

we have the McKiwi or I think it may be just called the Kiwi burger.

It’s basically a 1/4 pounder with an egg, lettuce and a slice of beetroot!! Yay!

Yes and the Kiwi burger in NZ and the McAfrika in Norway. Shouldn’t that be a McNorge burger or something? :s

Considering the fact that the “Mc” suffix is generally used to imply disdain for the over comercialization of whatever it is that it is attached to, I wonder if McDonalds should be allowed to attach it to any old thing it pleases. Africa should sue.

Yeah! Why don’t we get 1/4 pounders over here?

I’d love to see that. I’m on the side of anyone who sues Ronalds.
Joking aside, it is a very valid point. Should they be allowed? I don’t think so.

So should a lot of Irish and Scottish descendants.

Bob wrote [quote]Considering the fact that the “Mc” suffix is generally used to imply disdain for the over comercialization of whatever it is that it is attached to, I wonder if McDonalds should be allowed to attach it to any old thing it pleases. Africa should sue.[/quote]

No, the MacDonalds in Scotland should sue for the way their name is being misused. My Mum’s a MacDonald. :slight_smile:

[quote=“Dangermouse”]Yeah! Why don’t we get 1/4 pounders over here?
[/quote]
They’re called “Royale with cheese”.

After Douglas Coupland coined the phrase “Mcjob” to refer to any deadend, low paying job, McDonald’s took issue with him by accusing him of sullying their name. Coupland responded by saying that McDonald’s had sullied a perfectly respectable Celtic name by associating it with greasy, unnutritional food.

In Taiwan?

When I used to work at McDonalds :blush: (Loook, I was 16, OK)? we sold both the quarter pounder, quarter with cheese and the Deluex (Dulux - that’s what it can be likened to).

Wow. Those were the days. I used to stock up the McChicken nuggets before closing so I could eat the leftovers on the way home. I used to concoct my own hamburgers too.

Then I got sacked for being late all the time. Sacked from Macky D’s. Oh, the shame of it.

I got sacked for being a teenage alcoholic.