The McDonald's at Minsheng/Dunhua STINKS

I never ate so much McDonalds until I came here!

1 Like

You sent me down a weird rabbit hole.

And this

1 Like

Yea, I didn’t like KFC as much, especially when McDonald has about the same chicken burger and fried chicken, and better fries. Plus KFC iced tea tasted terrible.

macdonalds chicken burger is actually better than kfcs. no lie. and as theres no kfc chicken in taiwan kfc theres no other reason to go there. the fries suck too. the best thing is the egg tart.

same here, but i wonder is it because macdonalds in england is worse than taiwan macdonalds, or because kfc and burger king are better in england so i go to those instead?(i never go to macdonalds in england)

Maybe KFC in Taiwan stands for Kentucky fried cats…

Me too. We’d eat at McDonald’s or Dairy Queen on a Friday night after my parents had closed up shop. Poor people were still skinny then.

1 Like

:joy: So true.

1 Like

They are THE MASTERS at marketing to kids. I can’t think.of any company anywhere, that is as good as Mac at getting kids loyal to the brand.

1 Like

Indeed. I think Mcdonalds is gross until I walk in and smell the fries. All the good memories come flashing back lol

1 Like

Yeah! Embarrassing. The McDonald’s back in the States is not the same as it was.
I proudly take my family with my army of kids to go back to my neighborhood McDonald’s to taste the food of the Motherland.
“Daddy, the ice tea is awful.” “The French Fries are too greasy.” The service was rude to.
Seriously, our village McDonalds is more like a family place where they remember how you like things.
McDonald Land No More

I

Ah you’re not from lard country…Nothing like a bit of lard to fatten a man up.

Sure. I’m a southerner! Love me some biscuits and gravy (maybe twice a year now). All of these years I thought fat made me fat. Sugar and eating too frequently made me fat. Just by increasing time between meals and eating one meal a day, I lost 9kg in 1.5 months. I eat more calories now and healthy fats then when I was eating more frequently with snacks. I’m sure I’ll hit a plateau but so far, I feel really good and have been giving away clothes that are too big.

3 Likes

+

what kind of insanity is this?

2 Likes

My husband is a Yankee and their biscuits are really yeast rolls. I know we are all Yankee Doodles to Europeans.

This is what I’m talking about:
the%20deep%20south

5 Likes

so thats bread and…whats the sauce stuff? looks pretty good anyway. and what do you call actual biscuits?

Baking powder biscuits and sausage gravy is a southern thing. Biscuits are like scones without the sugar.

2 Likes

Maybe it’s the Confucian culture or maybe I’m just deluding myself, but I trust Taiwanese teens to fuck with the food less than I would the average American teen. I find the burgers here generally look closer to the actual picture and not a thrown together mess. Most of the time anyway.

1 Like

My gf made some scones the other day and I thought she made biscuits. Was really disappointed :frowning_face: biscuits and gravy is one of my favorite southern food. Goes nicely as a side for chicken fried steak.

1 Like

scones??? ok that doesn’t sound good anymore.

1 Like

Instead of sweet, they fluffy and buttery. Goes great with some chicken fried steak. You ever had a chicken fried steak?

1 Like