The McDonald's at Minsheng/Dunhua STINKS

Eh, we have the official inbreeding thread, official fisting thread, official intermittent fisting thread, official underage thread…

Might as well have the Official MaiDanLao thread.

1 Like

How about we just SUPER SIZE this one? :wink:

… I’ll see myself out.

2 Likes

Hold on a second…

麥當勞

McDonald’s is a US company. The USA are called 美國. 美 means beautiful. Why is McDonald’s called 麥當勞 and not 美當勞 ? Doesn’t it also sound a bit closer to the English pronunciation?

1 Like

A whopper of a thread … I will follow you out @DrewC :pensive:

2 Likes

Traditionally, names with Mc and Mac are translated as 麥…

I’m lovin this thread.

1 Like

So no official thread for continuous fisting?

1 Like

Maybe sticking meat in old buns thread?

1 Like

:rofl:

Before Mcdonald’s, I bet “don’t buy cheeseburgers from a clown” , was a pretty hard and fast rule :no_no:

3 Likes

That part of Minsheng just has really awful Taipei drain smell.

The ventilation job probably just pipes it right in through the restaurant, do you think the tradespeople that installed it even noticed?

Chinese do best Fish & Chip shops in UK.

I think taste and texture can take a back seat, at least when we discuss bottom tier grub.

The issue with local breakfast chains, and probably the REAL reason Mcdonalds somehow gets respected here, is due to consistancy and storage/prep standards.

Local shops are always selling dog food level ingredients. No joke. I have owned them before and know many others who have. Its recycled meat. like the philippines, but without the honest presentation. There are chemicals up the ass and expiry dates arent even on the radar, never mind a consideration. It of course depends on the shop and location as there are decent ones sometimes. So much so that having the shitz is arguably healthy in sone peoples minds. Have met an alarming number of people here who truly think so. Justifying cheaping out on food, just dont want to spend money on food or ignorant, its hard to tell.

Mcdonalds is tested and inspected. At least moreso. So it levels up to 711 class (also shitty, but inspected).

Everyone from taiwan knows this food issue here (hence all the religious organic shops in even the deep south). It all comes down to $20 or $70 hamburger differences. And if people basically knowingly eat food poisoning cancer layers rather than simply diabetes heart attack layers, perhaps one must include education and economics into the food discussion.

Ya other countries have similar issues. But this is taiwan and its actually probably worthy of a national emergency type of intervention (health).

McDonald’s: I’m lovin’ it. Not “loved it,” nor “will love it.” It exists only for a brief moment, a greasy spark soon extinguished :bowing:

There’s no better way to explain life to your children than to arrive 5 minutes past the McDonald’s breakfast cutoff.

6 Likes

i was just explaining the chinese take away experience to my gf. its what i used to think chinese food was, but its actually quite weird.

• prawn crackers
  • chips with curry sauce
  • crap fried rice with egg and peas. do western people not like good and normal fried rice?

that said i wouldn’t mind eating some, haven’t had any in about 10 yrs.

HaHa Chips with curry sauce :yum::yum:
I knew difference I grew up in Singapore, my friends never believed me Chinese food was really very different.
Chinese Take Away chips I think they par boiled them?

Duck in plum sauce on a Friday night after a session. To die for.

Love me some Mickey D’s every once in a while, but I don’t understand how a simple cheeseburger isn’t on their menu. Every time I want one, I have to show them a picture on my phone and even then 65% of the time, I get a double cheeseburger -_-

McD sausage and egg muffin breakfast with hash brown is alright by me. I could even be tempted to say it’s pretty damn good.

Is it OK if I say that the newly renovated Taoyuan airport food section with the McD is not bad?

1 Like

This is brilliant.

So is this.

Boy, you’re full of McNuggets of wisdom today, aren’t you? :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: