The Morgue 2004

I don’t know if this thread is redundant or not, but I didn’t see one for obituaries. Anyway, this guy got called away:

‘King of Hobos’ dead at 92

Also, earlier this year, Anita Mui, the “Chinese Madonna”

That guy wasn’t the last living hobo. I know a guy who is still living who also jumped trains during the depression. I used to go fishing with him in Canada and he taught me how to cut stone. He still helps my father, despite his very advanced age, with bricklaying jobs from time to time.

He told me that the secret to having a good and lasting marraige is “fishing and whiskey”.

Here’s one guy who was surprisingly funny

LINK

guardian.co.uk/australia/sto … 56,00.html

[quote]The woman whose 1,000-mile childhood trek across the Australian outback inspired the 2002 film Rabbit-Proof Fence has died in the country’s far north-west.
Molly Kelly was just 14 in 1931 when she led her eight-year-old sister Daisy and 11-year-old cousin Gracie on a nine-week journey through some of the harshest country on earth to return to their home in Jigalong, in Western Australia’s Pilbara mountains. It was there that she died during an afternoon nap on Tuesday, aged 87.

Her story has become emblematic of the sufferings of the stolen generation, Aboriginal children who were separated from their parents by government policy until the 1970s.
[/quote]

Yup, the white man brought civilization to the most far-flung places. I’d like to see Rabbit Proof Fence but I don’t know if I could stand the depression it would bring on.

Ah, man. They killed Superfly! The Man finally got him.

They took away Olivia Goldsmith, too. She wrote The First Wives Club, but her manner of death is what’s really memorable. “Killed by narcissism”

Got no clue who he was?

Click here

WARNING: WEAK OF STOMACH DO NOT CLICK. IT CONTAINS THE IMAGE FOR WHICH HE WAS RENOWNED ALL OVER THE INTERNET FOR, THAT IS, A GAPING -

(sheesh, it’s embarrassing even describing just what this guy’s famous for)

Warren Zevon. RIP.

nytimes.com/2003/09/08/obitu … 23&ei=5070

[quote=“Mother Theresa”]
Warren Zevon. RIP.

nytimes.com/2003/09/08/obitu … 23&ei=5070[/quote]
Dude, he died last year. Generalissimo Francisco Franco is also still dead.

Whatever, dude. :unamused: Mod Lang’s King of Fisting died 3 years ago. If a guy who makes a living having fists shoved up his ass is worth noting, Zevon’s death 6 months ago at age 56 (or whatever it was exactly) is certainly worth noting. In fact, judging by ML’s post, even you merit a post here when your time comes.

Ah. Didn’t notice; I didn’t read it all that closely. Sorry, ML.

I’d better not – I plan on at least another 40-50 years. Maybe you can make a reservation for me in “Morgue 2047”? :mrgreen:

Sorry MaPo. Judging from its title, maybe you’re right and this thread should contain only references to those who died in 2004. Here’s a few who died in 2004:

Michael A. Diraimondo RIP
Diraimondo was among nine soldiers killed in a Jan. 8, 2004, helicopter crash near Fallujah, Iraq.
Died: 01/08/2004

Aaron A. Weaver RIP
Weaver was among nine soldiers killed in a Jan. 8, 2004, helicopter crash near Fallujah, Iraq.
Died: 01/08/2004

Here’s the remainder of the 26 US and UK soldiers killed in Iraq in 2004 (that figure is 598 deaths for 2003 and 2004).

01/17/04 NAME NOT RELEASED YET Not reported yet Army 4th Infantry Division Hostile - hostile fire - IED attack

01/17/04 NAME NOT RELEASED YET Army 4th Infantry Division

01/17/04 NAME NOT RELEASED YET Army 4th Infantry Division

01/16/04 NAME NOT RELEASED YET Army Not reported yet

01/13/04 Hines, Keicia M. age 27 Army 108th Military Police, Combat Support Co.

01/12/04 Crockett, Ricky L. age 37 Army D Co., 51st Signal Battalion, XVIII Airborne Corps

01/11/04 NAME NOT RELEASED YET Army Not reported

01/08/04 Manuel, Ian D. age 23 Army 571st Medical Company (Air Ambulance)

01/08/04 Johnson Jr., Philip A. age 31 Army 571st Medical Company (Air Ambulance)

01/08/04 Davis, Craig age 37 Army 603rd Transportation Co., 142nd Corps Spt. Bat.

01/08/04 Golby, Christopher A. age 26 Army 571st Medical Company (Air Ambulance)

01/08/04 Johnson, Nathaniel H. age 22 Army Co. D (Aviation), 82nd Support Bat., 82nd Airborne Div.

01/08/04 Hicks, Gregory B. age 35 Army B Co., 1st Bat., 9th Cavalry Reg., 1st Cavalry Div.

01/08/04 Diraimondo, Michael A. age 22 Army 571st Medical Company (Air Ambulance)

01/08/04 Walker, Jeffrey C. age 33 Army C Co., 782nd Main Spt. Bat., 82nd Airborne Div.

01/08/04 Weaver, Aaron A. age 32 Army C Troop, 1st Sqd., 17th Cav. Reg., 82nd Airborne Div.

01/07/04 Mizener, Jesse D. age 24 Army 542nd Maint. Co., 44th Spt. Bat., 593rd Corps Spt. Grp.

01/07/04 Craw, Andrew Jason age 21 British Army 1st Battalion, Argyll & Sutherland Highlanders

01/05/04 Frist, Luke P. age 20 Army Reserve 209th Quartermaster Company

01/02/04 Seiden, Marc S. age 26 Army 2nd Bat., 325th Airborne Inf. Reg., 82nd Airborne Div.

RIP.

lunaville.org/warcasualties/Summary.aspx

Captain Kangaroo

Is this like cutting the cheese, only stronger?

Helmut Newton

The fashion photographer. I remember reading an interview with him last year where he complained about having to spend so much time with beautiful women because they were all so stupid.

Is this like cutting the cheese, only stronger?[/quote]

:laughing:

No, its cutting stones to fit in a wall or fireplace/chimney structure. There’s not a whole lot of people who still know how to do this.

Anyone can cut the cheese.

Jack Paar, host of the “Tonight Show” from 1957 to 1962, died yesterday at 85.
nytimes.com/2004/01/28/arts/ … html?8hpib

And ML, how could you mention that the great Helmut Newton died without posting any of his photos?

:nsfw:
http://www.mdf.ru/i/photo/1980.jpg
http://www.mdf.ru/i/photo/1988.jpg
:nsfw:

Mods, before thinking censorship, please recognize that the above is great art created by a master.

[quote=“Mother Theresa”]

Mods, before thinking censorship, please recognize that the above is great art created by a master.[/quote]

Yes, God is a great master and bodies like that are indeed great works of art! :smiley:

It’s not up to me to decide what is art and what isn’t. Bosses peering over an employee’s shoulder probably aren’t going to be bothered making the distinction, either. Please post links, and the NSFW (Not Safe For Work) :nsfw: icon. Thanks.

Here’s a link to the site where I got those photos. Lots of great photos there.

ocaiw.com/newton.htm

Sorry Maoman, I don’t know what a NSFW is.