The Morgue 2018

and one of the best versions

1 Like

Most famous comic creator of all time, Stan Lee, has passed at age 95.
I was a huge Marvel geek as a kid… especially for Spider-Man, so this one hurts even though it wasn’t entirely unexpected.
https://www.cbr.com/stan-lee-obituary/

3 Likes

Hope he got his last cameo in.

1 Like

Knowing him, he probably filmed a bunch of them in advance. :sunglasses:

I just saw him do his one in Ant-Man and the Wasp on the weekend.
Pretty sure filming on Avengers 4 is wrapped, so he should have that one done, at least.

Maybe it’s just me, but I always got the feeling none of the real Marvel creators, like your Kirbys and Ditkos and all, really liked him very much.
When I was a kid he always came across as kind of a loudmouthed schnook.:idunno:

Excelsior!

Stan Lee, RIP

:sob:

Watched Hee Haw as a kid. clean, fun entertainment.

Great Director.

Some of the lewdest dialogue ever::sunglasses::sunglasses::sunglasses:

Paul: Put your fingers up my ass. Are you deaf? Go on. I’m gonna get a pig. And I’m gonna have the pig fuck you. And I want the pig to vomit in your face. Then I want you to swallow the vomit. Are you gonna do that for me?

Jeanne: Yes! Yeah!

Paul: I want the pig to die while you’re fucking him. Then you have to go behind it. I want you to smell the dying farts of the pig. Are you gonna do all of that for me?

Paul: You know in 15 years, you’re going to be playing soccer with your tits. What do you think of that?

https://www.theguardian.com/film/2018/nov/26/bernardo-bertolucci-last-tango-in-paris-director-dies-aged-77

1 Like

I can’t believe it’s not butter.

Nicolas Roeg was much better.

I disagree. You can not compare The Conformist with Don`t Look Now. Not even in the same league. I will say the work of Roeg was good in Fahrenheit 451, and Castaway with Ollie Reed was pretty good too. The intelligent, upper middle-class decadence of Bertolucci (captured so beautifully in Tango, Dreamers, the Conformist, etc.) is way deeper than a horror movie.

Yet none of this expunges the memory of his brilliance and his audacious creativity. His Before the Revolution, made when he was just 22, is an exhilarating mix of erotic and political possibility – though of course of a distinctively male sort, contemplating the new and contradictory demands of Catholicism and Marxism. In The Conformist (1970), Jean-Louis Trintignant plays a young closeted gay man from a well-to-do background who tries to fit in, to conform, by joining the fascists. It is a movie whose themes of violence and loyalty were clearly influences on Francis Ford Coppola, but also had a distinctively patrician languor, and sense of high tragedy and anguish. (The movie was based on a novel by Alberto Moravia, whose own work was a remarkable stimulus to film-makers: Godard’s Contempt, De Sica’s Two Women and Kahn’s L’Ennui were also based on his books.)

Bertolucci’s 1900, released in 1976, was a gigantic Euro-epic of a high-minded and hubristic sort, almost Wagnerian in its magnitude, about two friends from opposite ends of the social spectrum, played by Robert De Niro and Gérard Depardieu. It was sprawlingly long, the subject of bitter disputes between the director and the veteran producer Alberto Grimaldi, who had worked with many of Italian cinema’s greats and done his own part in promoting the cult of the egomaniacal director. The film did not have the focus and pertinence that people valued in Bertolucci, and has been a little forgotten – though is perhaps ripe for reassessment, as has happened with Michael Cimino’s Heaven’s Gate.

1 Like

Last tango in Pairs was totally meh.

1 Like

It was Brando starting his slide.

It is not his best work (The Conformist was his best, Last Emperor the most applauded, and Dreamers his best late work), but it certainly pissed off the reactionaries in the 1970s, as well as puritans in 2018. He should be applauded for that.

I don’t see the merit in having the puritans… being themselves.

Did u write that chew ? That is some serious writing !

No, it is from the Guardian link. Not a bad analysis at all!

I’ve heard people loving it and hating it, but indifference to Tango? Mind-blowing. :exploding_head:

ive never seen the movie. may have to track it down

It’s about tits. Good tits, I must admit.