The Morgue 2021

Food truck.

1 Like
4 Likes

Boryana Straubel

A Washoe Valley woman was killed June 19, 2021 when a car hit her bicycle head-on at Washoe County mile marker 1 and alternate U.S. 395.
Boryana Straubel, 38, was pronounced dead at the scene.
The Nevada Highway Patrol is investigating the crash.
A spokesman said the Ford Edge was traveling south on the road and Straubel was traveling north when the vehicle crossed the double-yellow line and struck the bicyclist.

She and her husband were very involved with Tesla.

2 Likes

Ouch. Haven’t been following his troubles, but were aware of them. Death and taxes huh.

BARCELONA, June 23 (Reuters) - Antivirus creator John McAfee, 75, was found dead in his prison cell in Barcelona after the Spanish high court had authorised his extradition to the U.S., the Catalan justice department said, confirming an earlier report from El Mundo newspaper.

Everything points it could be a death by suicide, the department said in a statement.

The high court had agreed to extradite him back to the U.S. where he faces tax evasion charges. (Reporting by Inti Landauro and Joan Faus, Editing by Franklin Paul)

And there’s intrigue:

In better days with his wife.

5 Likes

Why am I not surprised the nativist press has to have a final potshot.

Freedom is always, and exclusively, freedom for the one who thinks differently.” ― Rosa Luxemburg

I only knew his name from the antivirus. I just read some of his exploits–sounds ripe for a movie.

Gringo: The Dangerous Life of John McAfee (2016) - IMDb

1 Like

I was checking his tweets just now and admit to some astonishment that instead of the insane gun touting criminal he was made out to be , he came across as a very intelligent and erudite person.
He still had a strong interest in cyber security.

1 Like

Indeed.

*Do ants fart? *

*It’s a non trivial question. *

*Collectively, ants weigh more than all other creatures on earth combined (look it up). *

*If they do fart then the people blaming global warming on cow flatulence need to get a grip. *

Its the ants we should worry about.

3 Likes

No, they don’t.

He did say “Look it up.” :doh:

2 Likes

I didn’t need to look it up.

I’ve been eating a lot of chai seeds recently, so my farting is now a wild exaggeration of what rational farting should be, but I’d have laid odds on me alone farting more than all the ants combined. Therefore, I too did not look it up. It’s Chewy ffs. :wink:

People who eat a lot of meat have better smelling BO. That’s been proven.

:face_vomiting:

Guy

Sorry if that was a bit disrespectful here in the morgue.

Guy

Disrespectful would be dead meat. Or vegetarians.

not my words—McAfee’s twitter :laughing: Think he is not wrong when only applied to humans. Not sure about the farting thing but I like his mindset

Are all the ants as heavy as all the humans? - BBC News

2 Likes

I understood that.