The Morgue 2021

I have no idea about the details in his case, but being too lean makes people more vulnerable to viruses.

I meant that, by the time you’ve reached 82 and done everything you want to do with your life, it would seem somewhat pointless, particularly since the vaccines don’t work that well for the elderly. And it would kinda look bad, wouldn’t it? If you’re a martial-arts legend, you’re supposed to laugh in the face of death. It’s a bit disappointing, really, he didn’t go out like this:

He should have got vaccinated, but it was his choice.

Not as bad as dying looks.

2 Likes

:man_shrugging:

Some people know when their time is up, and accept it gracefully. Like I said, if you’re a martial-arts legend then your job is to spit in the eye-socket of Death when the time comes, not hide behind the sofa and hope he won’t see you for a couple more months.

No, your job is to appear in martial arts films. And the last one he appeared in was decades ago.

Interesting euphemism for getting vaccinated.

I’m just taking a guess. If he didn’t get vaccinated, then perhaps my guess has some validity.

Crazy long career. Most excellent run.

11 Likes

All we are is Dust in the Wind
(2054) Kansas - Dust in the Wind (Official Video) - YouTube

1 Like

Robby Steinhardt (Kansas) died a little over a month ago.

Robby Steinhardt, violinist and vocalist for Kansas, dies at 71 (nbcnews.com)

2 Likes

Love the comments on Dust in the Wind on Youtube–there are some resemblances :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes: :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes: :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes: :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:
I cant believe Hulk Hogan, Bob Ross, Hagrid and Rambo all collaborated to make this beautiful song.

1 Like

Peace.

2 Likes

As one famous story from the band’s heyday goes, Jagger once phoned Watts’ hotel room in the midst of an all-night party, asking, “Where’s my drummer?” Watts reportedly got up, shaved, dressed in a suit, put on a tie and freshly shined shoes, descended the stairs, and punched Jagger in the face, saying, “Don’t ever call me your drummer again. You’re my fucking singer!”

The Keith Richard version is better (scroll down), though seeing it’s Keef I don’t know if it’s more accurate.

5 Likes

RIP Giant

4 Likes

First Toots, now him. :pensive:
Aint nobody left

One of the worst gigs I’ve ever seen was Perry. Two hours of incoherent gibberish punctuated by a bicycle horn. :noway:

I did get to stand next to the Mad Professor though and watch him in action.

Fair warning. This is … a really tough one. I’ll always remember him as Omar from ‘The Wire’ and Chalky from ‘Boardwalk Empire.’ :cry:

https://www.cbr.com/michael-k-williams-obituary/

6 Likes

Money ain’t got no owners, only spenders.

Or something like that.

2 Likes

Fantastic actor. RIP.

1 Like