The Morgue 2022

I didn’t know he was still alive!

2 Likes

3 Likes

Lived a long life. Must’ve been the product she personally advocated :wink:

2 Likes

All this time I was under the impression that the Gerber baby since the 1960s was Brooke Shields. It seems I fell for another urban legend.

1 Like

Both played in Champs (but after the hit “Tequila”) along with another famous singer Glen Campbell.
By 1963, Seals, Crofts, Glen Campbell and Jerry Cole left the Champs to form a band named Glen Campbell and the GCs, which played at The Crossbow in Van Nuys, California. The band lasted only a couple of years before the members went their separate ways.

And that song… always hear it on soft-70s FM stations.

4 Likes
2 Likes

I knew him for always playing someone in the News/Media business. Truman show, Bruce Almighty (both with Jiim )

1 Like

One of the few foreigners awarded Taiwanese citizenship, Father Andres Diaz de Rabago, passed away this morning at the age of 105

He was always full of energy even at the advanced age. Those who met him will miss him.

5 Likes

Had a confession with him once at Sacred Heart Church at Hsinhai/Roosevelt, which is a Jesuit church with many who come from FJU to hold mass.
Also attended quite a few masses of his as well in Chinese.
An extremely kind man, always waving hello or goodbye to people.
He is in a much finer place now.
A rosary goes out to him today.

3 Likes

Focus Taiwan has published this piece on his remarkable life and contributions:

Guy

3 Likes

An end of an era, with the passing away of this Seediq elder.

Guy

3 Likes

American political commentator and frequent PBS guest Mark Shields has passed away. He seemed like a remarkable man.

Guy

1 Like

Anyone here have a HA story, even if unrelated to his passing?
Some old-timers on another forum I peruse have some first-hand anecdotes about Sonny that are interesting, all friendly.

1 Like
3 Likes

He was good in everything he did that I saw.

1 Like

Liked him in The Gambler.

1 Like

Abe Shinzo gunned down in Nara

1 Like

Calling it early?

No vital signs. Cardiac arrest.