The Morgue 2022

Spinning it as we speak. Truly classic album. Encapsulating.

5 Likes

A classic album posed upon a classic pinball machine!

1 Like

Nothing but the best!

Me too. It’s funny watching a lot of them miss that “Paradtse By The Dashboard Lights” was very much of its time. It was performed in the late 1970s as by a couple who have been married some time (such hate takes time to grow) recollect when they were 17, pushing it back to the late 50s or early 60s, hence the many comments on the Elvis Presley style opening music.
More importantly, at that time, early in the Sexual Revolution, a girl had to be very careful of her reputation. Even when I was in high school in the early 70s, it was okay for a girl to have sex with her boyfriend, but only after they had been going out for several months. A girl could have sex with one or two boys in her time in senior high, but three was iffy, and any more and she was irredeemably considered a slut.
Many reactors blame the girl for pressuring the boy, missing that the lines sung by the boy “Let me sleep on it, and I’ll give you an answer in the morning” means “Let me sleep on you”, and his answer in the morning is going to be to shrug her off.

Just learned this:

1 Like

That is a nice comment section.

2 Likes

From the article linked above:

In May, [the now-deceased Meat Loaf] posted a clip of Eric Clapton’s anti-lockdown song “Stand and Deliver,” and, in what appears to be one of his last interviews, Meat Loaf appeared to be losing patience with pandemic measures.

In case this point is lost on forumosans, this wily virus doesn’t care if any of us are sick of this or impatient; it will simply do its thing.

Guy

1 Like

In case this is lost on some forumosans, Meat Loaf was 74 and had been obese his whole life. He had many health problems, had collapsed on stage, had something wrong with his heart, struggled with alcoholism etc. In fact there were rumors in the past that he had died.

1 Like

It’s very odd. Someone famous dies of, say, lung cancer you don’t get loads of people saying “Well, serves him right for smoking. I hope other famous people who smoke die, too.”

1 Like

Exactly. Very odd. Just because he wanted to live a normal life.

It was his choice.

To be honest, he did well to hit 74. And he had a very interesting life.

1 Like

He did the Big Star in a small venue thing for years before it became a thing. And not swanky redone churches and banks. He did upstate NY warehouse clubs in Poughkeepsie ffs. I didn’t read anything about his death. He was 700 pounds for 50 years and sang opera-length rock songs at the top of his voice, then whispered undying love songs. He was the Nicolas Cage of Rock and Roll.

When other famous people die from smoking, ODs, faith cures, or homeopathic medicine, I don’t say that they deserved it, just “what did you expect?”

I didn’t say you did. I was referring to the BTL comments, although “What did you expect” is a tad harsh. Is victim blaming the correct term nowadays?

2 Likes

Those who listen to Brazilian samba may know her:

1 Like

TAIWANESE NOISE LEGEND Liao Ming-he (廖銘和), better known as Dino, passed away on Tuesday at age 45. Born in 1976, this proved an early death for someone who was viewed as a pioneer in the Taiwanese noise scene and one of its elder statesmen.

Interesting life story.

1 Like

I know he’d been ill for some time, but this one still hits hard. :cry:

3 Likes

That’s tragic. From the article…

Mexico continues to be one of the world’s deadliest countries for journalists, according to Reporters Without Borders (RSF)…“Despite some limited recent progress, it [Mexico] is sinking ever deeper into a spiral of violence and impunity,” according to RSF.

2 Likes