The Morgue 2024

This one’s saddening.

7 Likes

Well, he was 100. That’s a very full life.

What’s interesting is he was deep in his 80s when he did the thing he would become famous for.

1 Like

She was the meanest cat in Ole Chicago town! :clown_face:

Boney M. - Ma Baker (Sopot Festival 1979) (youtube.com)

1 Like
6 Likes

Oh no. That one hits hard (no pun intended).

Apollo… :cry:

Realised I was old when a reactor responding to seeing Carl Weathers in Predator said “I know him! He’s on Mandalorian.”

1 Like

It’s all in the hips.

1 Like

I just saw Carl Weathers in a commercial for FanDuel (with Rob Gronkowki too), in my hotel room just before flying here last month. He looked kinda too old in the commercial, which I guess makes more sense now.

Barry John

Toby Keith is dead at 62.

I didn’t listen to him (the only country artist I like is Johnny Cash), but even I know he was a HUGE name in that genre. And of course 62 is too young.

https://edition.cnn.com/2024/02/06/entertainment/toby-keith-death/index.html

2 Likes

Cool duet.

1 Like

Mojo Nixon, age 66, cardiac arrest.

Outlived by Don Henley, and now perhaps drinking with plastic Jesus.

4 Likes

Just watched a few videos about this guy in the past few days. Ran his first marathon in 2022 and was already the record holder. Three marathons, three wins. Three of the top 7 runs in history. Would have been the first guy to go under two hours in normal race conditions.

6 Likes

Came up on news feed.
Elaine Chao is Mitch McConnell’s wife and former Secretary of Transportation.
Their parents are from China and fled/went to Taiwan during civil war. Father went to US in late 50s and family followed a few years later
Elaine and 2 other sisters born in Taiwan, while Angela and two other sisters born in U.S.
Angela’s husband was initial investor of Facebook, where he made most of his $1bn+ in wealth.

1 Like

Whoa…is there more to this than meets the eye?

Edit:
https://twitter.com/Jkylebass/status/1757766113792844062?t=8OGBwfkyCdxqMmTKiUnsOw&s=19

Even if there is, this isn’t the thread for it. Take it to ‘Politics.’

I can’t yet find any other info corroborating Bass’s version of the details of this incident. It seems like it is being suggested her Tesla was hacked to reverse into a pond? I assume it also locked itself too.

Harrowing if true, but I would take a Bass claim with a big grain of salt. The guy consistently doom-mongers.

Here is an example of him blatantly posting a lie, trying to float a picture from 2009 as proof. I guess he (mostly accurately) bet that his target audience would be too daft/gullible to do something as basic as a reverse image search…really thankful for the “reader context” feature that was carried over in situations like the one below.

Yes, Kyle Bass has hated on China for half a decade or more.
Been a dooms-mongerer on it for sure.
Scott Adams, who also hates China with a passion for personal reasons, had reposted it.

“Died”

6 Likes