The Morgue 2024

He didn’t walk out of a window?

This one really hurts. Bastards.

But I guess that’s going into IP territory.

2 Likes

Holy shit.

Bob Marley.

1 Like

…1981. ???

1 Like

Apparently melanoma. I’d noticed a lack of new material. A couple of best offs.

1 Like
3 Likes

Just in case people don’t know:

2 Likes

Meat!

3 Likes

Looking at old photos, I do remember him from The Wanderers.

Saw ‘Good Time’ just a month ago. He was great in it. RIP

Oh man…. :disappointed:

4 Likes
2 Likes

His legacy is much improved than when the PCs were decimated after his two-terms. His views/policies on apartheid, constitutional reform, and even taxation were the right ones albeit not popular at the time.

1 Like

I don’t think the views on apartheid were unpopular. Ditto with the Japanese Canadian redress settlement and the Multiculturalism Act.

Introducing the GST and the free trade stuff . . . let’s just say there are various views on this matter. I will continue to say that the GST he introduced sucks donkey balls as it is a nonprogressive tax that grabs the same percentage from everyone regardless of their abilities to pay.

Guy

4 Likes

030624_cartoon

Courtesy of the Hill Times.

2 Likes

He was a bit too corporate. Contrast to the current leader:

“My message to corporate Canada is that when I’m prime minister, if you want any of your policy agenda pushed forward, you’re going to have to convince not just me but the people of Canada that it is good for them,” Poilievre told the business crowd.

“When I’m prime minister, my… daily obsession will be about what is good for the working-class people of this country.”

Poilievre says ‘corporate lobbyists’ in Ottawa are ‘utterly useless’ - National | Globalnews.ca

Dear god labelling the late Brian Mulroney as woke. :noway:

Guy

1 Like