The Morgue 2024

Her father classmates with Jiang Zemin (look, mom, the Shanghai gang).

As China was emerging from decades of turmoil in 1984, the Chao family took a stake in a state-owned Chinese manufacturer of marine electronic equipment, documents show. The company targeted sales to China’s military, among other sectors, and was closely affiliated with a ministry run by Mr. Jiang. After Mr. Jiang came to lead the Communist Party a few years later, Mr. Chao met with him at least six times, including in August 1989 in Beijing — inside the party’s secretive leadership compound. Chao family members said they could not recall this investment.

2 Likes

Note to self: don’t drive a Tesla into a pond late at night on a remote ranch. :neutral_face:

Guy

Replied to in Canadian politics.

7 Likes

Actor who starred in memorable Star Wars scene dies (msn.com)

:slightly_frowning_face: Anyone else starting to feel old?!

1 Like

Steve Harley death: Cockney Rebel singer dies at 73 Steve Harley death: Cockney Rebel singer dies at 73 - BBC News

4 Likes

Great character actor. Been in pretty much everything.

1 Like
3 Likes
4 Likes

Joe

Joe Lieberman, 2000 vice presidential nominee, dies at 82 - POLITICO

4 Likes

For forumosans familiar with Taiwan letters, this is big news.

Guy

1 Like

Always nice to reach triple digits.

1 Like

She had quite the life!

Guy

I really liked his book

1 Like

STREWTH :laughing: :laughing: I don’t care how accomplished she was, I would be turning over in my grave, if they associated me with an A-Bian pic in an Obit.

Rest in peace ya jackass!

3 Likes

More on Chi Pang-yuan, who recently passed away at the age of 100—or 101, depending on which counting system is being used!

Guy

4 Likes
6 Likes

One of his lawyers was Robert Kardashian, yes, father of Kourtney, Kim, Khloe, and Rob.

6 Likes