The most popular IKEA restaurants worldwide are in Taiwan

I believe it’s because they are cheap

2 Likes

Some of their stuff isn’t that cheap. Like the pig knuckle that I see loads of folks eating. Taiwan sure like to order big portions there.
I think it’s hard to get this kind of European style western food in Taiwan .

2 Likes

Taiwan Ikea has a lot more food options than I remember Ikea back in California.

In Belgium old people/retirees go to Ikea for breakfast at 1 Euro!

1 Like

Taichung branch: chicken wings
Kaohsiung branch: chili dogs
Taipei branches: lesser mortals

Also helps to have free nap space in the couch display area.

It’s not particularly cheap, perhaps compared to some overpriced “western” restaurants it’s reasonable.

1 Like

And use the restaurant as your private workspace, don’t know why IKEA don’t chuck those people out when it gets busy at lunch time, the loss of their coffee a day business is not going to have much impact.

Currently, IKEA Taiwan offers low-budget options at NT$49, NT$99, and NT$149 for breakfast, lunch, and dinner, respectively. A kid’s meal costs only NT$80. These are prices that most consumers can afford. Even the most expensive set meal does not cost more than NT$400. “Every consumer has a different budget. We have expanded the price range to give consumers more options,” says Lan.

Tip: Xinzhuang IKEA restaurant has great views of Taipei city 宜家家居新莊店, 242, New Taipei City, Xinzhuang District, Zhongzheng Road, 1號
https://maps.app.goo.gl/1rwZX

And as said SLEEEEEP time!

Not many places to eat at those cheap prices with air conditioning and clean restrooms.

I’m guessing they probably have all you can drink.

Oh yes, you pay for the cup/glass and refill all day! Take a nap and refill, nap some more and hey other people don’t need a seat to eat!

This sounds about right. I remember Ikea being a popular spot for dates.

Yeah, always wondered why the threads on coffee places to go to in Taiwan for workspace never mentioned free coffee with IKEA membership (free) scan card, haha

they don’t throw people out anywhere in taiwan. mcdonalds, food courts, coffee shops etc, you see 50% of the tables being occupied by people who never consumed anything there, just searching for a place to sit down, or people who finished their meals/drinks like 2 hours ago.

2 Likes

It’s not surprising because Taiwanese eat out a lot and ikea food is not bad and worth the money

Our closest one here is in emeryville , home of Pixar

Now I wouldn’t go there just for food but I do like eating a bit when I do go

It’s decent enough food at a decent enough price
For an occasional bite

And the food court here is never empty I would say 80 pct full 80 pct of the time

i don’t know the food quality on other stores, only been to the one in kaohsiung. but it was always quite disappointing. i went there like 2 or 3 times, the restaurant(let’s say canteen) stuff was always very dry and only lukewarm and lacking flavor, be it meatballs or pig knuckles. i was happier with the hot dog i got from the fast food stand just next to cashier counters. at least it was hot.

That’s called food from the north.

Can not believe next to all over hours they do in school and at jobs, they are still being able to find couple of hours to chill in mcdonalds. Ups anyway they sleeping there. Get power sleep before have to listen to shit from parents or boss