The narratives about Antifa thread

When someone with an agenda makes a claim it should be investigated, especially as other parts of the story have already been falsified (the cement milkshake part).

Didn’t you introduce Andy Ngo into this thread?

File under, what else is new. :yawning_face:

Trump also tried to deflect responsibility for his role in inciting a deadly siege on the U.S. Capitol last Wednesday, telling McCarthy “antifa people” were responsible for the violence, Axios reports. McCarthy reportedly shot back: “It’s not Antifa, it’s MAGA. I know. I was there.” Conservative cable news and other media has tried to pin the blame for the insurrection on leftist groups, antifa specifically, though there’s clear and documented evidence the violence was perpetrated by Trump supporters, QAnon conspiracists, and far-right militia groups.

That’s like everyone isn’t it?

Looks like agent provocateurs as always were present there. Shouldn’t the Antifa goon be charged as much as the Q goons for being there? No excuses.
She was a breath of fresh air as opposed to the repeaters in the media.
Note the pro antifa crowd claimed it was the beegee boys or whatever they are called, etc. that carried out the BLM looting, burning of cities and riots for 7 months last year.

what if antifa’s the good guys? :wink:

FBI confirms:

https://thehill.com/policy/national-security/533432-fbi-no-evidence-antifa-involved-in-capitol-riot

No evidence has been found that members of the left-wing antifa movement were involved in this week’s storming of the Capitol building, the FBI said Friday, contradicting a narrative pushed by some Trump allies.

“We have no indication of that at this time,” Washington Field Office assistant director Steven D’Antuono said during a briefing when asked about any potential involvement of antifa.

Rep. Matt Gaetz (R-Fla.) on Wednesday claimed that left-wing agitators had disguised themselves as Trump supporters, citing a Washington Times story with false claims that was later retracted.

Rep. Paul Gosar (R-Ariz.) also suggested on Twitter that the riot had “all the hallmarks of antifa provocation,” while Fox News host Laura Ingraham gave air to the baseless conspiracy on television

Blaming antifa for apparent instances of right-wing violence, and claiming such members are creating “false flags,” has become a popular deflection for some conservative allies of the president.

3 Likes

funny how one’s talking points can turn on a dime. not naming names, but they’re here alright. those who outright won’t engage when provided with credible evidence of right-wing infiltration of left-wing movements, but are happy to make unsubstantiated claims about antifa infiltrating the incident at the capitol.

1 Like

No.
Correction-I did introduce him.

I guess government leaders do it so they feel it’s acceptable? I don’t really know why it’s done either.

You beat me to the punch, sir. I was trawling up to find your Ngo introduction. Respect due to you, though.

How dissimilar are they to you?

historically, being slippery has been a successful and common trait for many of the politicians now still in power. that is changing as politics continue to polarize.

1 Like

Could anyone imagine conversing in real life like this? It’s freaking bizarre.

No

i’ll gladly address any contradictions i hold because i respect consistency and integrity. i believe having strong convictions is a virtue, but adjust accordingly to new information.
Isaac Asimov said, “when stupidity is considered patriotism, it is unsafe to be intelligent”

caring about injustices and pointing out fascistic behavior… it’s not team sports to me, sorry.

1 Like

I was referring to your inability to find even a single antifa site or forum, like any other group.

Asimov the sexual assault guy?

Yeah, I googled it and nothing popped up on the front page. So it’s not like they’re in abundance, was the point.

Going back to my other point about me being the one posting articles talking about the extent of antifa organizations being small groups of friends. So obviously I’ve never been in denial that small groups exist.

Now, some may claim I’ve claimed that those didn’t exist. The important thing is to not believe people who can’t quote their accusations. :wave:

1 Like

are you the type who can’t separate an artist from the art? serious question. not condoning anything.