The Nazi nutter - censorship?

So the other day I saw something that caught my attention. I saw this betel nut seller (let’s call her nutter) selling nuts as expected but there was something special about the shop’s decoration:
IMG_20181016_182319

Aren’t these things censored in Taiwan? I mean, one thing is to sell “historic” crap with Nazi emblems and whatever, and another is to have two huge Nazi flags hanging off the wall…

1 Like

They should call the place Betelnazi.

5 Likes

Not censored, you can feel free to fly the Nazi flag proudly declaring yourself as the superior race. Why is everyone acting like it’s a negative thing? I’d like to know who are the morons of society and avoid them.

5 Likes

“hey guys, this betel nuts girl had nazi flags”

takes photos of the nazi flags, not of the probably semi-naked girl

images

really makes you think where his priorities might be…

3 Likes

She wasn’t hot. Or not enough for me to notice it.

IMG_20181016_182327

Is that still a thing in some parts of the island? Haven’t seen that particular sales tactic in ages in the Danshui / Sanzhi area.

i see, too focused on the nazi memorabilia…

images

1 Like

There are some semi naked girls selling that crap in several places. I’d check Yonge or Chunghe or whatever.

The police seem to be cracking down these days. Where are their priorities?!?

They are not Buddhist, left to right or right to left is different. And the ‘Iron cross’ is prominently displayed!

And Christians! notice the cross on one of them.

Huh. I’m in Yonghe visiting in-laws fairly often, but I’m always on buses or the MRT, so I guess I “miss” the road access points where those stands would be.

That’s the Iron Cross. For real HEROES!

Just from a few weeks ago.

Interesting.

1 Like

Regarding that Berlin hair salon in Hsinchu, I brought it up back in 2015…

That’s a full 3 years before they removed that stupid design… It probably doesn’t have anything to do with my post, but if my post made any contribution, that’s a really slow burn.

I saw a pseudo punk couple on the MRT a few months ago with swastika (and German eagle) tattoos all over their arms. These fucking idiots don’t even know what it means. As a Jew I didn’t feel offended, just embarrassed for them.

It’s the equivalent of frat bros in the US getting Chinese character tattoos on their shoulders without knowing that it secretly spells “dumb ass” or “tool.”

And nobody has closed down the thread yet :smiley:

She’s just showing that her shop’s a fascist friendly safe space where marginalized skinhead youth can buy their beatle nuts without discrimination

Seriously though, it’s almost certain that as in the many other cases of nazi decorations/nazi school parades etc in taiwan, there’s no political statement being made here (just jaw dropping ignorance). If someone gave her (or whoever owns the place) an israeli flag and if she likes blue and white, I bet she’d hang it up alongside the swastika without any cognitive (or decorstive) dissonance

1 Like

Wild guess that the betel nut seller lady

Untitled

didn’t put the flags up