The New York State News and Politics Thread

The state acquired 8,555 ventilators at a cost of $166 million and 1,179 X-ray machines for $86.4 million, state officials told POLITICO this month. And now they’re stacked in warehouses across New York with no plans to distribute them or put them to any immediate use; Covid treatments have largely moved away from ventilators, and hospitals say they have plenty available to deal with their immediate needs.

Oh, Andy, we miss you and your filthy hyperbolic corruption.

Of course not. Kill people and hide. Great slogan to use when he tries to slither back into politics.

I thought we had an AOC thread, but she’s a NYer, so it fits here as well. She 's going full Marxist here with all the class warfare and abortion = conscripted workers shite.

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/video/2022/09/29/rep_alexandria_ocasio-cortez_abortion_is_part_of_the_class_struggle_a_way_to_keep_a_workforce_conscripted.html

And in Albany, we have an 18 year old shot in broad daylight by a 20 year old.

I wouldn’t say class warfare, but it’s certainly something that basically has no effect on the upper class while affecting the poor.

And she’s not out there on the workforce either - banning abortions leading to larger workforces has explicitly been stated by multiple folks on the right. Not that it’s exactly a R platform, but it’s not out of left field either.

It shouldn’t be an issue. Of course we need more people to work in the economy. And there’s no reason to think fewer workers would improve any of the economic problems were having now.

Of course we shouldn’t know how much money was taken from tax payers. Why are there never any lists of names? Grrr

Nothing like a daily ride on the subway to then be confronted by the Green Goblin Gang.
Maybe Caban is a green goblin herself.

### NYC Councilwoman Goes Baghdad Bob on Crime

The day after the Green Goblin attack, NYC Councilwoman Tiffany Cában told the New York Post that subway violence is a “one-in-a-million event.” She made this comment even after a homeless parolee savagely beat a 33-year-old mother inside a Queens subway station on September 20.

Got the Zeldin flyer in the mail yesterday.

And seeing David Paterson reminds me of SNL:

Crime on the doorstep. That and the bizarre attack he suffered earlier this year on the campaign trail might bump him even with the Gov.

New York congressman and Republican candidate for governor Lee Zeldin says his family is safe after two teenagers were shot outside his Long Island home Sunday afternoon.

The boys, both 17, were walking with a third teenager on the street in Shirley, New York, where Zeldin lives when they were hit by gunfire from a moving car, Suffolk County Police said.

The wounded teens then tried to hide in Zeldin’s yard, ducking under his porch and into the bushes, while the person who was with them fled.

I’ll watch that.

1 Like

NY is all business.

NY debate

You watch?

Watching now.

Z is hitting hard, and Hochul is trying to stick him to Trump, 1/6, and an election denier.

1 Like

Now I know she’s lying. Says the LIE is loved by all now that the potholes have been filled. Off with her head!

I am definitely skeptical there :slight_smile: I note she did not mention the Gowanus :scream:

1 Like

I’m surprised that Z hasn’t tied her to Cuomo.

I’d go after her for deliberately conflating NY law and US law, and data. She’s talking gun deaths, nationwide, have gone down 2%…since fucking when? Last week? Where? Dems across the board seem to think that if you don’t mention covid, or the riots or skyrocketing murder rates, they just didn’t happen, because last week the governor of NY walked on a street in NY and once went on the subway.

From 2020:

ALBANY, N.Y. (NEWS10) — According to Officer Steve Smith, the Public Information Officer at the Albany Police Department, the increase in violence seen within the Capital Region is a trend we’re seeing from coast to coast. Urban areas are seeing huge spikes in violence, and the city of Albany follows the trend.

2021 stats:

Murder and reports of aggravated assault are up sharply since the onset of the pandemic, while reports of rape and vehicle theft have been steadily rising for the past decade. Violent crime with firearms, a subcategory, is also up sharply since 2019.

2022:

According to the most recent data from the FBI, the total crime rate in Albany is 3,653.5 per 100,000 people. That’s 55.73% higher than the national rate of 2,346.0 per 100,000 people and 105.89% higher than the New York total crime rate of 1,774.5 per 100,000 people.

Now they get to ask each other questions. That’s new.
So, Z hits Hochul on pay to play corruption.

She’s blathering on about the Bills.

Here we go. Tide is turning.