The New York State News and Politics Thread

Pretty much why I don’t go or desire to go to NYC at all anymore.

This was my wife’s comment on her first visit 10 years ago. Trash just piles up on the street too. In the summer it’s gross.

I was there 3 months and stayed in the outer boroughs and nearby NJ almost the whole time. Everything was mostly pretty cool

I still liked it though, it was fun, and Manhattan above ground level looked amazing. It’s just the streets that were really gross.

Boston on the other hand was really nice all around.

1 Like

I went to Boston for the first time too, it was great.

NYC Dem machine doing its bit to restore faith in our electoral processes. No, just joking.

1 Like

How dare you challenge the POC immigrant types who were surreptitiously appointed!

Oh that NY state of mind!

Ay, Oh! Coney Island!

Smart dem gets out early! Will win re-election in 2024.

New Republican Congressman from Long Island, George Santos, looking pretty suspicious.

1 Like

You’d think his opponent would have checked!

Job security for ENL teachers.

More on this jagoff.

We don’t have cable TV and I kinda missed the severity of the storm that crushed Buffalo recently. My old fart FB buddies keep asking if I’m alright. :wink:

So, here it is. Snowmageddon.

1 Like

I’ve heard my Buffalo relatives scoff at snow and downstaters’ fear of snow so many times, I can easily imagine how they’d be caught by surprise a bit.

Guy on the news says that they’ve been expecting the big one for 15 years. People forgot. I’m shocked that drivers don’t have survival gear in their cars all winter. When I had to drive out to Ithaca in winter, I had cat litter, candles, granola. Drove through the Thanksgiving blizzard a few years ago. Ugh.

1 Like

any time I hear Ithica, I only think of this, for personal reasons:

1 Like

That ain’t much of a gun, but like the pump action.

Dad put a poly-choke on it.
Xtra-full was very useful for long shots.
Big kickback.

What caliber?