The official "What's with your avatar?" thread

hannes 90826_2

Keep 'em coming, folks, and please add the image to your post, if it’s not too much trouble. :slightly_smiling_face:

I will post a larger version, so you guys can all admire my macro photography skills. :yum:

2 Likes

Done!

1 Like

Hey, no need to expose my ample, sexy pink udder like that. Let’s keep things Rated G around here, OK? :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

1 Like

Mine’s a picture of me relaxing after a hard day at work.

14 Likes

Picked a random pseudo, then found a random reference to said pseudo.

https://kids.scholastic.com/kids/games/josh-baxter-game/

3 Likes

Please. My son. He’s very sick.

7 Likes

I got into faceting gemstones about 7 years ago. Normally for online stuff / video games, etc, in the US, I use a snip of the Great Wave Off Kanagawa, but I expected that to be rather-extra cliche over here.

A polished pavillion

Shaping the crown

A profile with my first smartphone.

And a more recent pic, better phone, serves as my present avatar:

And a few others:
An actual emerald, though pretty gunky[occluded]
my latest, finishing the crown. Used sharpie to mark facets that needed work, the point being as you do, you don’t retouch the wrong facet.

I need to get back into this sooner than later.

10 Likes

Isn’t this just perpetuating stereotypes about Westerners and their large wieners? :thinking:

1 Like

Mine is a drawing of Android mascot eating an apple.

android_eats_apple

9 Likes

Whoa…I always thought that was a frog.

1 Like

My avatar obviously shows an olm.

12 Likes

Mine used to be a Urodacus scorpion, because, well… you know.

Now it’s an Ace of Spades, because Motorhead songs rock. One of my karaoke favourites!

Killed by Death works too, and I do a pretty mean Thunderstruck (AC/DC).

Japanese karaoke menus are so much better than in Taiwan, BTW…

8 Likes

never for this one, but my current avatar is a running snoopy.

4 Likes

When it was trendy to change the avatar to Snoopy, I decided to replace the photo of my cat to a typing snoopy. I couldn’t find a decent colored image, so I found an black and white one, removed the background and colored it myself using Inkscape.

clipart2664389

4 Likes

Greatest rapper of all time. Fight me.

2 Likes

Mine used to be a triathlon image (a rough sketch of the three disciplines in a triangle design). My knees have deteriorated to the point where running in races is longer an option. So I thought my next big thing would be swimming. I love swimming but I’m not getting into it like I thought I would. I like the idea of having my avatar related to a hobby. Let’s see where my interests lead me. I have a couple of things I’m working on now.

3 Likes

40_2

Pin from 1997 movie: The Saint. Customized with guitar, since I also love to play guitar. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

The Saint is a British ITC mystery spy thriller television series that aired between 1962 and 1969

ETA:

4 Likes

Looks fine to me!

Where do they sell those giant hot dogs? Getting tired of having to buy a dozen at Costco at a time.

3 Likes