The peak nostalgia thread

Endless TV show revivals, retro cereal boxes, geriatric action stars brought out of retirement… and now… Happy Meals for adults? Is nostalgia mining going too far? What does it say about a society that desperately wants to cling to the past instead of facing the future?

1 Like

It’s actually generational cultural appropriation. I’m deeply offended that my past is being appropriated. Anyone watching TV show revivals who wasn’t there the first time the show was aired is a time racist and I want them retrospectively cancelled.

Rachel Dolzeal now has an Only Fans page. Burnt this planet to the ground.

1 Like

Okay.

1 Like

I thought this was a joke, pass the matches

1 Like

I’m only mucking about mate.

To be more serious, I think if humans lived longer they would get a better understanding of how cyclical and derivative human behaviour actually is. Nothing is ever really new when it comes to the actions of homo sapien behaviour.

$9.99 a month. She won’t need many subscribers to make a living.

1 Like

Speaking as a black woman myself, I agree.

1 Like

Dolly Parton’s song, reimagined for the digital age.

Dear lord, their decades of brand loyalty campaigns are making me some fried paste balls with fried cardboard sticks and red sugar paste right now!

If nostalgia is mcdonalds, we have gone wrong :face_with_spiral_eyes:

damnit, I did eat fries at mcdonalds twice this week. and by my own choice. farck!

Does taiwan have happy meals?

Yeah, I get them for my kid occasionally. But not on Uber, you have to go there.

It gets worse. Have you been to a typical North American supermarket lately? The impulse buy magazines at the checkouts are on a seemingly endless cycle of 20th century celebrities. If they haven’t done anything lately (like if they’ve been dead for ~30 years), it’s some “tell-all” revelation. If there’s nothing new to say about them, it’s some totally random and unprovoked retrospective.

In my day, magazines were about current affairs… :grandpa:

2 Likes

All this nostalgia overload and they still can’t bring back TV Guide, my favorite publication to casually read off my grandparents’ coffee table as a kid.

2 Likes

3 Likes

Something weird with the feet there

Yeah…looks like she’s melting into the asphalt.

1 Like

Photoshop or AI?

She’s raising her right foot. Left foot down on a white line .
My first thought was how delightful she is. Now I’m thinking feet

2 Likes

Better get over here @jimipresley

1 Like

I know the photo was recently colorized, but it looks like maybe a botched touchup at the time?

1 Like

The whole bottom of the photo seems altered. Maybe it was in a magazine and there was text there.