The Pocahontas 1/2020th thread, aka E. Warren

Did I become an ‘influencer’? Thats the lingo the kids use now I think…

hqdefault

Different dynamic, though. I never make personal attacks. In fact, I will ignore users to avoid making them here.

Don’t think it works the same on the other side.

Don’t let me dissuade you.

1 Like

No worries. So far there’s only one user I have on ignore.

Dont let me dissuade you.

1 Like

I don’t think it’s a surprise to learn that Hillary is evidently plotting to usurp the only other plastic, white, entitled, Democrat Stepford wife in the running for the nomination. :grin:

This could be highly entertaining if you like Democrat infighting. :popcorn:

She may come across as fake and plastic to some, but one thing we can never take away from Pocahontas is that after many hours of tireless research, she did locate and republish the long lost, traditional recipe for Cherokee crab cake with tomato mayonnaise dressing. :grin:

visibly pregnant?
was she asking for ketchup to be passed over to her in the teacher’s lounge so as to put on her pickles?

Yes, just as she was visibly Native American right up until it became useless to her. :lying_face:

Are they going nuts? Y’all know I’m a leftie but this is next level.

I would have considered something like this if it was like 0.1 percent or so. 8 percent? Might as well put a $1B cap on personal wealth.

This is the part that nobody on either side of the aisle ever wants to talk about.

The Tax Policy Center has updated its estimate of the percentage of Americans who pay no federal individual income taxes. And the number is: 44 percent in 2018—about 2 percentage points above last year.

Dems become incoherent on tax policy once they ignore tax incidence and want to squeeze “the rich” exclusively to pay for free shit.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7SYWo7_eqaE

Here’s a rundown of what she’s listed … so far … and the 10-year costs:

Green New Deal: $4 trillion “in green research, manufacturing, and exporting,” emission-free buildings, electricity, and so on.

Social Security expansion: Warren wants to dramatically expand benefits, which will cost taxpayers at least $1.8 trillion. She claims it’s all paid for by imposing a 14.8% tax on incomes above $250,000. But that income threshold isn’t indexed, so the hike will eventually bite the middle class.

Free college and debt forgiveness: $1.25 trillion.

Universal Child Care and Early Learning plan: $690 billion.

Housing: $500 billion to “build, preserve, and rehab units that will be affordable to lower-income families.”

Opioid crisis : $100 billion in additional spending.

Election “security”: $20 billion.

Broadband: $85 billion federal grant program “to massively expand broadband access across the country” and $2.5 billion “to help states develop digital equity plans and launch digital inclusion project.”

Job training: $20 billion on apprenticeships and training programs “for people across rural America.”

Then there are the various other billion-here-billion-there programs, such as the $7 billion fund “to close the gap in startup capital for entrepreneurs of color,” relief for Puerto Rico’s $120 billion in debt and pension obligations, and so on.

Add it all together and it comes out to roughly $42.5 trillion over a decade. In other words, Warren plans to nearly double the size of the federal government.

So, $80+ billion for internet access and $20 billion for rural job training? :ponder:

So, this
plus this:
plus this:

equals me on a

1 Like

The party elites are wary of Warren

Warren has two obvious problems with party elites. First, there is the perception among some of them that her left-wing stands, such as Medicare for All, are too risky for the general election and decrease the party’s chances of defeating President Trump. For example, House Speaker Nancy Pelosi has not outright endorsed Biden or specifically declared that she does not support Warren, but Pelosi has argued that the party needs to have a big, sweeping electoral victory in 2020, and that such a win requires more moderate policies, like focusing on improving Obamacare instead of pursuing Medicare for All. Those are sentiments decidedly on the side of Biden and Mayor of South Bend, Indiana, Pete Buttigieg and against Warren and Sanders.

Secondly, electoral considerations aside, there is a center-left wing of the Democratic Party that fundamentally disagrees with Warren’s more leftward positions. It’s hard to imagine some of these figures endorsing Warren before she has effectively already won the nomination. (That fits with Shor’s findings — Warren’s endorsers at the state legislative level are more liberal than the endorsers of any of the other candidates.)

Even the Dem elite won’t vote. Sucks when your only hope to win the election is the self destruction of the blowhard in office. :roll:

Strange way to put it. Should be, sucks there’s a self-destructive blowhard in office. If you’re an American citizen who cares about your country.

Why didn’t repubs get Obama out of office again? Was he too competent or repubs too incompetent? :sweat_smile:

I do think Warren will get the nod, she’s also the one MAGAheads fear. Repeating ‘Pocahontas’ and ‘leftist’ is a bit too vacant, even for their standards. Maybe she can be ‘nasty’ too?

1 Like

Maybe they learned something from abusing the impeachment process with Clinton.

“MAGAheads” aren’t the only ones who fear the prospect of someone who wants to implement a radical leftist agenda.

Please please please let it be Pocahontas! :grin:

Democrats, you really really need to get behind Lieawatha !!

:grin:

From 2012. :joy:

1 Like

cigar%20store%20indian4

2 Likes