The Pocahontas 1/2020th thread, aka E. Warren

https://www.theinstitutionalriskanalyst.com/single-post/2019/10/25/Elizabeth-Warren-Wants-to-Crash-the-Global-Financial-Markets

A bit highbrow, but big money is not going to be happy with Miss Liz bossing them around.

If Pocahontas gets the nomination, it’s probably going to be an amazing time. Wall Street and Silicon Valley both say they won’t support her, but those stakeholders don’t do zero contributions.

In other words, Pocahontas would mean that Big Money in the US would support a populist, a true first in the history of American populism. It could be very good times in the US.

I hear that. 100 acres farm times.

Big money will simply buy her off, like they did Obama.

Touche.

Very likely.

1 Like

Something like 1/5th of the economy she wants to rework.
You have to be supremely confident and capable in explaining and enacting your ideology to pull that off and have a WHOLE LOT of political and lobbyfolk behind you, and overwhelming support from the People. I don’t believe she’s anywhere close to that.

In the past few months, Warren’s opponents have by and large caught up to her on policy development; still, “She Has A Plan For That” has a home at the center of her campaign branding. But for all of the discussion of substance and wonkishness that the coming months will surely bring, undecided voters on the left would do well to remember that simply having a plan isn’t necessarily the answer. And simply having a slogan that nostalgically recalls that fervid period of policy development will not be sufficient either. For Warren to get any of her plans enacted, she will have to marshal the citizenry into a force of civic engagement, rallying them to work that needs doing, not plans already filed.

I wonder if “She has a plan” criticism will become hate speech akin to “Learn to code.”

What the… :astonished:

That didn’t age well, did it?

Satire?

No, it did not. But if I could predict the future I’d buy lotto tickets.

1 Like

But not scratch off lotto tickets, I assume.

Too many people can’t even predict the present.

`

Thank you, @BlackWomxnFor!
Black trans and cis women, gender-nonconforming, and nonbinary people
are the backbone of our democracy and I don’t take this endorsement
lightly. I'm committed to fighting alongside you for the big,
structural change our country needs. https://t.co/KqWsVoRYMb

Elizabeth Warren (@ewarren) November
7, 2019

`

:ponder:

Dafuq

Did she mean to say “big post-structuralist change”?

What’s her plan for the Popeye’s Chicken Sandwich fiasco?

https://www.yahoo.com/lifestyle/why-popeyes-chicken-sandwich-craze-190315361.html
Many of Popeyes’ most popular combos have more sodium than the 2,300 mg total daily recommended amount. At 1,443 mg, the new chicken sandwich contains well over half the limit. This could spell danger for many customers, but particularly for African Americans who have acute sensitivity to high blood pressure and live in areas oversaturated with Popeyes. In the Atlantic , Olga Khazan reported that Popeyes and similar restaurants drain minority communities: “predominantly black neighborhoods tend to become what researchers call ‘food swamps,’ or areas where fast-food joints outnumber healthier options.” She noted that the concentration of these restaurants contributes to “a life-expectancy gap between African Americans and whites [that] is as much as 20 years” in segregated cities. The two-decade gap in cities like Baltimore is notable, given that there is only a 3.5 year difference between black and white life expectancy nationally.

I wonder how much of the discrepancy can be accounted for by violent deaths.

Well, there has been violence in the waiting lines. Not sure if anyone has died yet though.