The Post-Pelosi Chinese Aggression Thread

https://archive.ph/de9yg

1 Like
1 Like

Some valid points made here:

Guys, is Nancy Pelosiā€™s visit to Taiwan actually getting people on both sides to agree on something?! This is Fox News praising a democrat for her actionsā€¦ I really hate how polarized the news (of all varieties) has become, but thereā€™s no clear and obvious partisan slant from ANY news outlet right now about this topic. I feel like the universe might be about to implodeā€¦

6 Likes

Taiwan has had strong bipartisan support. Nothing new about that.

4 Likes

That show usually has a bunch of good-looking women spouting nonsense.

Flight tracker says its site is crashing because of an ā€˜unprecedentedā€™ flood of users watching Pelosiā€™s supposed flight to Taiwan (msn.com)

1 Like

well they dont often have much of any news to report

good looking women spouting nonsense?? :smile: isnā€™t that usually the case?

1 Like

There are intelligent beautiful women.

1 Like

My problem is Americaā€™s chaotic Taiwan policy. Is it Independent Taiwan or One China? If itā€™s Independent Taiwan is America committed to war with China because that is what it will take. If the U.S. isnā€™t committed to war with China then itā€™s irresponsible to encourage Taiwan and goad China. If the US is ready to go to war with China has it fully thought out if it can win such a war? If it isnā€™t reasonably sure it can win such a war a lot of people will die for nothing. If the US is committed to war and is reasonably sure it can win then is Taiwan even willing to go to war with US help to secure its independence? In any case time is only on Chinaā€™s side.

2 Likes

Yeah I agree. Go into Ukraine, train their troops then leave, wonā€™t promise Russia they wonā€™t join Nato.

China could be the only thing that could unite the US now.

yes and even the intelligent can spout nonsense sometimes (aka tommy, who is not a beautiful woman or even a woman, but sometimes has foot in mouth disease too)

Also, the eastern zone is closer to the Japanese islands than Taiwan. Wonder how Tokyo feels about that.

The great Monroe Doctrine

https://mobile.twitter.com/AnonOpsSE/status/1554581815180009474

1 Like

Once the US government can free itself from the Chinese communist psychological manipulation, it will be better equipped to deal with them, in all sorts of issues.

Formal diplomatic relations aside, it is unsustainable for anybody to fool yourself into thinking that US can never ever have official contacts with Taiwan. Maybe that was how it was worded back in Nixonā€™s time, but it wasnā€™t sustainable. Even US high officials can openly meet with their North Korean or Iranian counterparts.

US put itself in an abusive relationship and sorry Taiwan didnā€™t cause it. Now itā€™s like US can finally ask for a divorce and what a relief.

I think after Pelosi leaves Taiwan, China will escalate militarily. But thatā€™s the wrong move because global news cycles can only be sympathetic to China for a couple of days. China possibly will replicate what North Korea did in 2010 - The ROKS Cheonan Sinking (ROKS Cheonan sinking - Wikipedia) and with CCPā€™s clout in the global forum, you will have a large audience blaming Taiwan. US may or may not send US Secretary of States or Defence to Taiwan. This I canā€™t predict.

It hasnā€™t been so chaotic until Biden, as Karl Rove points out. Biden doesnā€™t understand American policy on Taiwan and he inserted his foot in his mouth a couple months ago claiming we would militarily defend Taiwan if China acts. Then his people have to walk it back after telling him what American policy is, which is strategic ambiguityā€¦Biden has been too explicit coz he doesnā€™t get it.

Then before Pelosiā€™s trip, he abandons ambiguity again and gets explicit and says itā€™s not a good idea, which just invites China to keep ratcheting up the rhetoric. And then, fearing Chinaā€™s threats and rhetoric due to nothing else but his own confusion, Biden starts saying that Taiwan isnā€™t an independent country, which is again explicit, no president has ever said that before. Biden is killing us on Taiwan policy.