The Post-Pelosi Chinese Aggression Thread

:man_shrugging: supply and demand. maybe mass exodus from TW would lower rent?

the thing that really sucks is that this current situation is easily preventable. If we had some form of Unifying Nations that safeguarded human rights peace and aggression towards others. Especially after seeing how WW2 rolled out, one would think the world would have come together and make such an organization.

6 Likes

UN has about as much power as a piece of paperā€¦

You know the only reason there are no more war of conquest like in the old days is because of nuclear weapons. Ironic, since everyoneā€™s afraid of global annihilation that countries are afraid of attacking each other to take their land so wars end up being proxy wars.

Until we stop acting like overgrown monkeys nobody cares about human rights.

2 Likes

I think a better time was with trump. as sad as that is. And no, I dont want him re elected.

taiwan should declare, but why would taiwan do that with zero support. taiwan needs friends. If the US, Japan, EU etc could come have a meeting and make a deal that if we declare independence then they will immediately declare recognition and support, it would happen.

thatā€™s the issue in Taiwan, itā€™s a catch 22. which means, to avoid getting our shit kicked in, we need friends to do what they say they stand forā€¦so far Guatemala, Papua etc, though much appreciated, are not big enough a force to help in such mattersā€¦

and Taiwan in its brilliant wisdom listened to the states and didnā€™t do nukes. though to be fair, the Taiwan gov then wasnā€™t exactly as mentally stable as the one we have today.

I donā€™t know. I never lived in Korea and I am limited in knowledge on the Korea conflict. I donā€™t know. My understanding is that US is able to station 20k troops because they were part of the Korean war and thereā€™s a treaty thatā€™s still in effect? I need to research more on this topic later, but am preoccupied by the cross strait issues right now.

Wellā€¦ China partially achieved its aim of intimidation as Iā€™m really not looking forward to their outsized reaction when those British legislators visit.

The pave paw station in Hsinchu saw it.

British inflation expected to reach 13% next year, and the economy is close to or already in recession.

Lawmakersā€™ reaction ā€¦ letā€™s visit Taiwan. For what reason? Are they going to start importing Taiwanese bian dangs?

1 Like

Iā€™m not against foreign officials visiting but maybe they should give it a break for a few months until things cool down and Chinaā€™s sham election is over.

2 Likes

ä½ č¦ŗå¾—ä»–å€‘ęœƒå–œę­”ęˆ‘å€‘ēš„雞ꎒ還ę˜Æ臭豆腐ļ¼Ÿ

3 Likes

臭豆腐 for the win!!!

2 Likes

Or they should visit with concrete goals. The British economy is really in a tough spot, and I just donā€™t see what these people are trying to accomplish by visiting Taiwan at this time. If they want to give moral support, just do a public Zoom call (invite some reporters) and send flowers. Thereā€™s no need to visit.

1 Like

I think so too. They all should let this cool off before next visit. Friends are all calling and telling me to GTFO now. I told them most flights are canceledā€¦they then ask me about beneficiary, wills and emergency contacts. SIGH, I need a drinkā€¦someone come have a drink with me :sweat_smile:

They tried that after WW1, the League, didnt work

Back off ? No way. This is the time to push the agenda. China has exposed their hand now the west can present a united front.

Donā€™t give a bully an inch. Let China stomp the ground and wave their fists.

4 Likes

We need the Justice League. The one where Superman went rogue and everyone was nice due to fear.

I donā€™t know. Someone once told me to stand up to a bully in middle school. I did and got the shit kicked out of me. He was fine.

2 Likes

Did you have any self defence training?

We have an Allie in the west to stand up to China. They have militaryā€™s with advanced weapons. China would end up fighting a war on multiple fronts if they started with Taiwan. India would take some ground, so would Vietnam.

China would need to ensure their alliances (Pakistan) were sound before any action.

I donā€™t want war. I want a weakened China.

Wow how far did their foot go up your ass for this to happen?

1 Like