The Presidential Election Result

The cti numbers are most worrying: they’ve gone sharply from a narrow lead for the greens to a 100,000 lead for the blues.

Do you think that might work? Then I’ll give it a try. Anything, anything, absolutely anything, to bring the gods in on the right side!

My god, young man, you’re even scaring me. I’m glad I wasn’t around you for Bush vs Gore in 2000. Let me know if you need a Xanax. :smiley:

Looks like a difference of about 1% either way at the moment.

The fastest channel has Chen slightly ahead. (If fastest matters)

Brian

ERA, Formosa, Sanli and MUCH now all have Chen and Lu in front. And the count must be nearing its end. Could there really be a tiny glimmer of hope after all?

How can we gauge this monster…I am going with the highest total vote count. I got 5143249 Green to 5065255 Blue…

How many eligible voters are there anyway? This turnout seems amazing…what was last elections total vote count?

cti currently has the highest total, with nearly 10.7 million votes tallied and a lead of 40,000 for Lien and Soong.

Era’s next with 10.2 million tallied and Chen and Lu 80,000 ahead.

Oh oh…found a higher count…

[color=green]5150000[/color]

[color=blue]5148000[/color]

Total no. of votes cast in 2000 was 12.78 million.

idea.int/vt/region_view.cfm?CountryCode=TW

[quote=“Omniloquacious”]cti currently has the highest total, with nearly 10.7 million votes tallied and a lead of 40,000 for Lien and Soong.

Era’s next with 10.2 million tallied and Chen and Lu 80,000 ahead.[/quote]

But that cti figure must be wrong, because I seem to recall that there are only just over 11 million registered voters, and the turnout was close to 90%, which means there should have been just 10.1 or 10.2 million votes to be counted.

Has anyone heard a figure for the number of votes cast?

As high as that? Then my recollection must be wrong, and many more votes remain to be tallied.

Oh, damn! Now MUCH has the pan-blues inching ahead, at 5.241 million to 5.238 million.

Crisis, crisis!! The blues are leading in every count except Formosa’s. It’s all over!

TVBS finally coughed up their exit poll numbers: DPP 47%, KMT 53%.

Cti has only released vague exit poll numbers, and only by county. They must’ve realized early on the numbers were inconclusive.

why are cti’s numbers innaccurate again?

[color=blue]5.36[/color]
[color=green]
5.32[/color]

No, I think Cti’s is more likely to be accurate (which in this case, means too close to call). Voters perceive Cti to be more impartial. DPP voters see TVBS as pro-Blue, so they’re more likely to refuse to respond to their polls.

Ignore TVBS – they’re obviously inflating the difference to please their viewers. Then, if the official result were to go Chen’s way (which, alas, is all but impossible now), they could lead the cries of foul play against the Central Election Commission.

But just to clarify things: These are not exit polls. They’re the unofficial tallies as counting takes place being phoned in by each station’s reporters.

It seems that the exit polls we were promised for just after 4 o’clock were never announced (probably because they were evidently too inaccurate to offer any meaningful guidance on the state of the vote).

i think there are about 16 million eligible to vote

Just heard that Chen lost Taichung with all the votes counted. This does not bode well.