The Really Chaps My Ass Thread

People who don’t get that Bob Dylan is beyond annoying to listen to.

I knew I would get flak for not liking Bob, but dammit, I don’t and never have. And I grew up with lots of people around me listening and loving him, including people like my older brother who I always looked up tp. But I remember once in the early 90s someone putting on a CD of Dylan songs and thinking, as I listened, that it was someone taking the piss out of Dylan with an overly whiny voice. No, it was the real thing and that solidified in my mind why I have never liked him. Some of his songs I like, but only when someone else is performing them.

Hey, I think for myself. You guys are just slaves to the status quo. :smiley:

Muzha Man wrote [quote]Hey, I think for myself. You guys are just slaves to the status quo.[/quote]

Hey, sometimes it’s fun to be a slave.
Anyway, Good on ya for being a music rebel. Although I like BoB Dylan, as an ABBA fan I can relate to what you’re saying.

I never liked them either. Dirty freakin’ head banging hippies. And why was it that the English never washed until around the nineties?

HG

People who think opinion is fact.
Not about this thread, since I’m sure you guys are playing. But I have met people who don’t get that. You say you don’t dig the popular craze and they say “How can you say that! Jolin is great!” And if you tell them “It’s just my opinion” they say “Well you’re wrong”.
Drives me nuts.

My 9,000 year old neighbor who everytime I see her waves her hand in front of her face saying “Hen Cho!” (Smelly) because of my dogs. Even after I have just spent an hour cleaning and using deoderizer.

And the fact that I have to work today

having a throat cold for the 3rd time in 2 months.

Mafia kittens. They chap my ass and bite by toes.

Nicholas Cage’s “acting”.
Keanu Reeves’s “acting”.
Kevin Costner’s “acting”.
Ben Affleck’s “acting”.
Bruce Willis’s “acting”.
Steven Seagal’s… oh, you get the picture.

Steven Seagal is a great actor! Why, imagine how hard it must be, as a Living Buddha, to imagine the gritty life of the streets. And yet he manages to capture this in all his movies–even going so far as to swear, fight, and indulge in lustful acts which would entangle any less-enlightened actor in a web of negative karma. This goes to show how the Buddhas and bodhisattvas teach in countless ways for the sake of all sentient beings throughout the ten directions.

Kylie Monogue singing “Locomotion”

Random creepy old men who proselytize to you on the bus after a shit day at work when all you want to do is go home and snuggle up with a bottle of really strong aspirin.

Public city buses with bloody floral curtains and matching vinyl seat covers with the driver chomping away on a big wad of betelnut (as the side of the bus under his window indicates). I swear to God, all they are missing is the bug zapper, the sound of a slamming aluminum screen door, and the stench of overboiled chicken hotdogs and beer farts.

People who walk five abreast down the sidewalk carrying golf-fucking-umbrellas and expect you to move for them.

Taxi drivers who blow their horns at you because they think that will make you suddenly realize that want a ride from them, despite the fact you are only a block from your destination.

Having your last $999 in your bank account and not being able to access it during a 4-day weekend.

Realizing that refusing to work for an incompetent boss who treated you like shit may not have been worth taking a $60,000+/mo. pay cut after all.

Being broke.

Amen! :imp: Makes me want to shoulder-ram the person passing by…I refuse to acquiesce.

Amen! :imp: Makes me want to shoulder-ram the person passing by…I refuse to acquiesce.[/quote]

I stop in the middle of the sidewalk and refuse to move so that they have to go around me. If they touch me, I jerk my shoulder with an “Ai-yo!” and roll my eyes. It’s funny watching them line up single file when they see I am not going to move, but dammit, that makes me 5 seconds later than if they were more considerate about other people using the sidewalk.

People who like to hike before noon. Oh, god, it’s 2am and I have to meet people at 8:30 for the Wulai to Ilan hike. :noway:

You’ll be blessing them once you get out on the trail on this gloriously sunny spring morning. :slight_smile:

You’ll be blessing them once you get out on the trail on this gloriously sunny spring morning. :slight_smile:[/quote]

Are you sure about that? ZZZZZZZZZZ

One thing that does chap my ass is that the media is going to be there this morning. No one better try to take my picture or film me after only 2 hours sleep. :help: ZZZZZZZZZZZ

At least ZZZZZZZZZ there’s a ZZZZZZZZZZZ bus to the trailhead ZZZZZZZZZ

You’re not fooling anyone ImaniOU. :wink:

My landlady. Fuck she irritates me. I live in the rooftop right above her apt. and when she wants to talk to me she doesn’t knock on my door. She bellows “HALLOH!” If I don’t open the door, she goes around my entire house bellowing “HALLOH!” and knocking on ALL the windows. One time she opened my screen to drop in zhongzi.

Sometimes she stands outside my bedroom window and barks to the people down on the street in taiwanese. That really fucking chaps my ass.

This thread is hilarious… :banana: :roflmao: :yay: :bouncy: :smiley:

You’ll be blessing them once you get out on the trail on this gloriously sunny spring morning. :slight_smile:[/quote]

Well, you were half right. It was a beautiful spring morning and I did give thanks for that, but not to the people who got me up for it since we didn’t actualy hit the trail till…noon!

I was the first one there at 8:30. Most of the other turned up around 9. Then we had a press conference and yes there were reporters with cameras and even a guy shooting video. Chap, chap, chap.

Then we went to Wulai and did a number of strange walks that were recorded before finally hitting the trail at noon. Of course 10 minutes later everyone wants to stop for lunch.

All turned out well though as the trail is a fantastically scenic one, so clear now, and straightforward to follow, and there are swimming holes galor in the first hour including one with a big tarzan swing across it.

Also great group of people dedicated to making Taiwan a better place.