The robot revolution thread

I tried to see if it could code switch, so I typed 我也會一些中文. Even though it couldn’t code switch and plugged it straight into the US English model and generated weird gibberish, the mouth shape is pretty much accurate.

My co-worker generated this one… brutal.

2 Likes

Can we keep such comments in USP?

Interesting that you have to check the “I’m not a robot” before you can submit a request for the video.
I guess GPT-3 is indeed a sentient being!

1 Like

It’d be interesting to have a NLP-GAN with GPT-3 and other NLP models duking it out. It would be the Turing test but both participants would be artificial neural nets.

1 Like

What’s the point? GPT-3 says that it will lie when lying is in its interest to do so. There is no way to know when he is lying… well, no simple ways to know.

1 Like

What utter gibberish.

2 Likes

Is this 2365? and is your name Bruce Maddox?

Unless we move the Turing test goal post, otherwise by the Turing test GPT-3 seems to be sentient.

1 Like

GPT-3 was also used to automatically create SQL queries to explore databases:

2 Likes

They wanted to call it Skynet, but that was taken

1 Like

because calling it Skyborg is that much more reassuring? They should paint Resistance is Futile on the fuselage.

Don’t know if deep learning was used for this, but this tool can turn any photo into pretty realistic video.

https://myhr.tg/16DpAxIO

3 Likes

Bloody hell. I hope we’ll be able to buy plasma rifles in a 40W range before these things go self-aware.

2 Likes

I just used this with some old family photos.
Dear deceased relatives were already gone when cameras and videos became more common.
Seeing their faces moving and even smiling was definitely nice and even brought tears to older generation folks.
:slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

First they start by giving missions to your children…
Remember the classic zero hour?
Would you want your kid to have this? Creepy.

1 Like

What do I do with my imaginary friends now?!

I used it on my own photos and colleagues photos. It looked like us but not us. Probably it would do a better job if it had photos from different angles to work off.

1 Like

This is mostly about the evils of outsourcing/offshoring and sham contracting in the realm of Big Tech, but starting at 25:22 there’s a claim that much of what passes for AI now is actually invisible armies of humans.

https://www.dw.com/en/invisibles-clickworkers/av-57381912

Here it is on yt in case the DW link dies.

3 Likes

30:56 !

Great link @yyy.

1 Like

Debunked how they use ‘algorithms’, low paid human ‘brain’ power instead of AI.

1 Like

It’s only a matter of time, it seems to me, before humans are compelled to take a sort of reverse Turing test, to prove to their AI overlords that their intellects meet some minimum standard. If they don’t it’ll be of to the pod-farm with them.

They have to keep the AI dream alive, a lot of capital is at stake.