The robot revolution thread

2 Likes

I’d tap that…er, keyboard. :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Do we really need robot pole dancers though?

3 Likes

Affirmative.

1 Like

Every one deserves some love!

1 Like

What’s true love without some pole dancing, am I right?

1 Like

Do they really need us though? :thinking:

1 Like

Don’t have 3D printing thread, so maybe this thread is close enough.
This story could be very interesting.
Could it kill some of the mom/pop eyeglass stores in Taiwan?
Or maybe the stores buy the 3D printer themselves, and costs get even ridiculously cheaper than, say getting glasses in other countries.

The company has developed a device the size of a toaster oven or a small 3D printer that can create a multifocal lens in six minutes at a fraction of the former cost, replacing a large manufacturing plant.

3 Likes

That’s pretty clever, but it’s not really printing lenses. It’s just a sort of pick-and-place machine for plastic parts.

I dunno if it would be technically possible to 3D-print a lens? It’s always been a bit of a complex job to get the required surface finish, AFAIK, so if someone finds a workaround for that it could get interesting.

1 Like

https://imagen.research.google/

Enter a line of text, no matter how outlandish, this google model will spit out an photo realistic image matching that description.

1 Like

It sometimes fail.

Where’s the guitar?

1 Like

Oh, so it learns and improves too!

This

may require some explanation.

@discobot quote

2 Likes

:left_speech_bubble: Do not dwell in the past, do not dream of the future, concentrate the mind on the present moment. — Buddha

5 Likes

xkcd superintelligent_ais

2 Likes

Ahhh. The robot thought the kid’s finger was a chess piece. Got it. :woozy_face:

1 Like

We’re sooo close to sharks with frickin’ lasers on their heads!

1 Like

2 Likes