The robot revolution thread

Now I know why they are called Cylons. It’s short for Cybernetic Elon.

2 Likes

A little late. Boston Dynamics has that for a while and better.

1 Like

There are so many fake videos circulating online showing BD robots doing fancy stuff like parkour and hand-to-hand combat that I don’t even know what’s real and what’s fake anymore.

This. Nothing innovative afaik.

If this Chat “assistant” is powered by AI, I’ll bet its name is Karen.

I guess Matrix technology is a slightly better name than Skynet. But come on DARPA, why not something that doesn’t bring to mind the robot revolution?

China has two companies offering their own version of automatic rifle toting robot dogs.

Mia C’bon supermarket in basement of 101 has a robot rolling around trying to sell you things.

It’s a bit rude in that it doesn’t try to move over to side of aisle if you’re approaching each other and expects you to get out of its way.

They have not updated their Google Maps with page with new name.

JASONS MARKET PLACE Taipei 101 Store

1 Like

Cambridge, UK

1 Like
2 Likes

Meanwhile, Musk is still discussing with his video producer how to edit next time the footage so that it’s not so obvious that their bots can’t do shit on their own and need to be operated by a human.

That and dealing with this:

1 Like

I’m not sure if this fits here, but I found it interesting. Perhaps it will become possible to surveil an environment without any intrusion to install additional equipment and without consent (tin foil end of the spectrum).

2 Likes

Buy a Chinese router and linked it up with a Chinese vacuum cleaner, sure, nothing bad will happen, what could they possibly do?

1 Like

At the less tinfoil-hat end of the 5G conspiracy spectrum, there’s an argument being made that one of the primary purposes of using millimeter-wave technology is that you can locate someone’s cellphone down to a few meters. Apparently you can now add WiFi imaging and figure out exactly what they’re up to as well.

1 Like

They could make hidden firearms visible.

1 Like
1 Like

They are not perfect yet…

2 Likes

This was literally a movie in the 1980s.

2 Likes