The robot revolution thread

Save for later!

2 Likes

Could that be a Turing Test?

2 Likes
4 Likes

I only got halfway through, but what struck me most was that the humans are a bunch of weird, inarticulate retards. I’d rather talk to an AI than be stuck in a conversation with any of them.

Humans really need to up their game if we’re going to avert Judgement Day.

Elon Musk in control of a robot army. A bright future :melting_face:

2 Likes

Wow, they finally made them walk in a straight line!

3 Likes

I think we’re all safe for the moment if they can only manage 2mph in the standard-issue constipation pose.

I’ve heard human bipedal movement described as “controlled falling”. Not sure why that’s so difficult to achieve in machines.

Nearly every part of the human motor system also doubles as sensors, giving feed back and making adjustments probably without the brain having to cut in and make a decision. Robots right now are pretty limited and have to work with few sensors and have less fine motor control.

Finally, some smart PR! :rainbow:

Some very enjoyable bubble bursting commentary on AI hype.

Several belly laughs were had reading this.

One day they’ll be advanced enough to dig a ditch, maybe

1 Like

featuring menacing fangs, fur, flashing red LED “eyes,” and a head capable of shaking side-to-side while emitting a 90 decibel howl

Hmm. It’s basically a fancy scarecrow, then. If you bought a ten-year-old a Super Monster Wolf and that’s all it did, he’d play with it for 10 minutes and then shove it in the cupboard.

Hopefully they’ll license that quadripedal tech from Boston Dynamics for V2.0.

1 Like

Elon Musk launches a new AI to complete with ChatGPT
https://www.axios.com/2023/11/06/grok-elon-musk-ai-xai

3 Likes

2 Likes

“The robotic arm, confusing the man for a box of vegetables, grabbed him and pushed his body against the conveyer belt, crushing his face and chest…”

3 Likes

Right. Right. It just got “confused” :thinking:

3 Likes

Cartman, stop pretending to be a robot and get out of those cardboard boxes, you are going to get hurt by an actual robot.

2 Likes

Graph neural network based 10-day weather forecast from Google’s DeepMind.

1 Like

https://twitter.com/Tesla_Optimus/status/1734756150137225501

1 Like

Hmm. They’ve still got that constipated-squat gait. When they’ve figured out the dynamics of human “controlled falling”, it’ll get more interesting.

I hope we’ll also be able to buy a phased plasma rifle in the 40-watt range, so we can get rid of the wretched things when they become self-aware.

3 Likes