The shaving thread

3 Likes

You are certainly a shining firefly in a sky of mediocrity.

My pet hate, too. Particularly toenails. Long, dirty toenails are vomitville.

For me itā€™s a time issue. I donā€™t have time to use a razor and foam and then clean up the nicks. My 25-year old Norelco electric does the job in about two minutes, and my travel Braun is the same. Plus I can use them while Iā€™m still half asleep without worrying about bad shaving technique. My skin is somewhat sensitive but neither shaver irritates it.

1 Like

Gosh, thatā€™s a step down from your last compliment.

I thought it was quite poetic. I guess I need to up my game. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Do you use aftershave lotion?

2 Likes

Buy a nice electric razor and shave every other day.
It decreases the rash/redness a bit if your skin is sensitive. Buy waterproof as can clean with hot water or even shave in shower.

Yes, I do this with Gillette Provide 5-blade cartridges. Very little irritation, though I usually shave every other day. Expensive though.

Ah, my favorite furriners are the ones that smell freshly of soap and cologne.

Guys, there are plenty of skin lotions and stuff for men so that when a woman caresses your lovely faces, their hands do not meet sandpaper. You do not have to be metrosexual, no one is asking you to do a weekly mask and monthly skin spa. But if you go for mani/pedi, that actually adds a lot of points. Face? A bit if care goes a long way, a bit of moisturizer will make you look like a million bucks. And that is really cheap here.

1 Like

My wife and daughter sometimes put the skin cleansing masks on my face and leave me there for what seems like eternity. I keep asking ā€œhow many more minutesā€. I do however now use moisturizer :grinning:

2 Likes

I THINK Iā€™ve been using a couple of Gillette Safety blades for a couple of years, though no sharing (Aww!) and they are about due for replacement/rotation

I use two charity shop safety razors. One of them for shaving, the other one (which has an adjustable head) I use to whittle my hair down.

When the shaving blade gets too blunt I replace it with a new one and move the old one into the hair whittling razor, which doesnā€™t need to be so sharp. Seems to work.

This shaving in the shower scheme might have possibilities, but Iā€™d need a mirror, not so convenient since I usually shave at work

I did have an electric beard trimmer but seem to have lost it.

How did any of you make it to adulthood?

PM SENT!

2 Likes

Gillette? Seriously, dude, youā€™re letting the side down.

1 Like

5+1 blade razor from Gillette, I do about 1 year with a 5 piece pack.

1 Like

I do not use it as it stings

It does, briefly, but it should actually help with the irritation after that. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Are you setting me up :wink:
No pain no.gain huh

1 Like

Yea Im never going back to gilettes critical gender theory. Ladies pink leg razors all the way! (Not being sarcastic)

2 Likes

No, not at all - I think thatā€™s the point of aftershave, something to do with astringency and closing the pores. It really helps. Think of it as losing oneā€™s maidenhood on the wedding night - a few seconds of pain, followed byā€¦less discomfort.

1 Like

I thought aftershave has been debunked. Dries out skin and removes natural protective oils as would anything with alcohol.