The Squad Thread

I think it’s pretty evident that Illhan’s father is named Nur Said Elmi. Don’t you think? Pictures of her with him with his own sister calling him Nur Said Elmi before along with many other people that knew them. And it seems it’s confirmed from military records that’s his name. I think this is pretty safe to conclude now. There’s even pictures of the two together.

The marriage/divorce records said she married Ahmed Nur Said Elmi. This is pretty certain from the records that was submitted. Since Samali names work by linage, so Ahmed’s father would have been named “Nur”, grand father named “Said”, and great grand father named “Elmi”. What are he chances of another Ahmed with the same exact name?

There were many posts on Facebook that named Ahmed and Ilhan As the children of Nur Said Elmi giving condolences to the family. These seem to be friends and family. They were also Somalians. I guess it could be possible that these are somehow fake profiles but they look pretty solid to me when I looked into them.

In my opinion, the evidence makes a solid case to think she did marry her brother.

But what do you think? Do you disagree?

Pictures of who together? The father and the supposed brother?

I have no idea, some things look weird, but I don’t know anything about Somali names etc. Isn’t there a picture somewhere of this colonel? That seems like something that might clear things up a bit. That marriage looks weird, it seems possible that it was for some kind of fraudulent purpose, without knowing anything about if it was her brother or not. If it was her brother, that would make it pretty clear. If that could be demonstrated, she’d be charged with something, wouldn’t she? I don’t believe government agencies wouldn’t be pursuing it if they had sufficient evidence. To me the most salient fact is that that no such charges have been brought. I would therefore conclude that the evidence isn’t sufficient to do. I can’t judge with certainty myself from what I’ve read. The voters don’t seem to care

Ilhan and her father.

You can read about it here. The person she married was Ahmed Nur Said Elmi by the records in the US. If her father was Nur Said Elmi, that would almost certainly indicate that Ahmed is her brother.

This blog goes into far more details. With legal documents of the siblings of Ilhan naming their father as Nur Said Elmi.

Why wouldn’t there be pictures of her and her father?

Yeah, I’ve read a fair bit of stuff about it.

To confirm that is the same man that is Nur Said Elmi, who has a son named Ahmed Nur Said Elmi.

I don’t get it. No one is denying that that is actually her father whatever his name is, what do the pictures demonstrate?

The pictures demonstrates that her father is Nur Said Elmi, he went by a different name in the US.

Her sister that Ilhan confirmed as her sister named their father as Nur Said.

He also calls himself that on his FB

FB

Yeah, I know all that, not seeing what the pictures add, but anyway I would go back to what I said a few posts above :man_shrugging:

I’m not sure why there hasn’t been anything in terms of legal charges. But I remember there was some kind of investigation earlier this year. Maybe it turned up nothing or maybe it got delayed with everything else going on.

It would be nice if we could get a clear answer to see if she did or put this to rest. There’s enough for me to find it very suspicious.

File this with the “Kamala Harris isn’t a natural born citizen” files.

We had Charlie Rangle in NY for decades and he was a KNOWN corrupt tax evading scumbag…as well. So, it says little about her worthiness, imo, that the knuckleheads in her district kept her on for a helpful happy dose of confirmation bias ie, She won because I was right in choosing her, or she was the right choice because she won.

Write a bill that actually helps her constituents and I may shut up about it. Clearly no one cares about investigating some very odd and clearly illegal things she’s done. But now she’s a two timer and can begin the hiding of the former life choices. yay merka

A pet theory of mine is that as we age our faces begin to reveal our true character. Rangel, for example, has come to resemble a lizard. I suspect Omar will one day share his fate.

Funny thing. I don’t know anybody making a big deal about this who isn’t on the left.

It’s like it’s a straw man or something.

What’s that then…a very very long run in Congress?

Charles Bernard Rangel is an American politician who was a U.S. Representative for districts in New York from 1971 to 2017. A member of the Democratic Party, he was the second-longest serving incumbent member of the House of Representatives at the time of his retirement, serving continuously since 1971

You should probably read this thread before commenting on it.

In a video obtained by The Post, fellow Minnesota Rep. Collin Peterson torched the scandal-scarred progressive lawmaker after previously defending her controversial “Some people did something” remarks about 9/11.

“Do you have any comment as to why you defended Ilhan Omar?” an employee with the National Republican Congressional Committee asked Peterson on Capitol Hill on Thursday.

“I don’t defend her. She doesn’t belong in our party,” the 16-term lawmaker responded.

When asked to clarify himself, a COVID-19-masked Peterson repeated, “She doesn’t belong in our party,” as he walked away.

Oh I think she fits in perfectly.

That said, I’d settle if Minnesota just decides she doesn’t belong in their Congressional delegation. Baby steps.

56%-32% winner in the primary, won the general in 2018 with 78%, running in a Democratic plus-26% district, the most Democratic in Minnesota- looks like you’ll have her to kick around for a few more years.

It’s unclear why Omar and Peterson have fallen out but his remarks may be an attempt to distance himself from the progressive left flank of his party as he braces for a brutal challenge from GOP candidate, former Minnesota Lieutenant Governor Michelle Fischbach.

You think? That will be an interesting one to watch.

I haven’t been following it, but some conservative pushback is inevitable.