The Taiwan Weather Thread 2018

Drizzling in Gongguan. Nothing dramatic–yet!

Guy

Torrential Rain in Taichung :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

Rain advisory issued from Taipei to Taichung, nothing for Yilan.

The sweet taste of revenge.

1 Like

Pouring down now in Hsinchu, although it looks like the sun is working on a breakout. And the wind must have been up this morning: west-facing windows are splattered with rain drops, a rare occurrence here.

… which reminds me that windows are going to have to be cleaned soon, on the outside.

Apparently K-man will NEVER get tired of referring to the “mercury dipping.”

What’s k man?

You’re k, man. I’m k, man. Everybody’s k, man.

9ZRq0vM

I take that back. You’re definitely not k. In fact, may need rabies shot.

Most thermometers these days don’t even use mercury. Fake news!

1 Like

All the swallows are back in full force and they’re nesting around our building! Tough times for mozzies!

Summer already? Haven’t seen one swallow here in Xindian yet, though. It is still pretty cool.

Weather forecast says 0% chance of rain. 5 blocks out our night walk this rain appears from nowhere and forces us to come back hiding under a piece of cardboard. Rain stops when we get home, Bobby not a happy camper.

What gives?

Oh and we have the same forecast all week…Including lovely Saturday when we have to work.

Back on the rock many a times-no rain forecasted
I would spend two hours waxing my car and a magic black cloud would suddenly appear and rain on my car only

The Queens weather they say…no not Elton…the other one

You sure it wasn’t pure coincidence that the Ah Yi on the buildings above you were watering their plants as you walked?

I’m sick of this constant sunshine. Its like living in bloody California. Give me some proper weather I can be proper miserable in. :male_detective:

1 Like

Ah so that is the yellow thing sitting in that weird blue sky.

Do not put the coats away, I repeat: DO NOT PUT THE COATS AWAY!

Rule of thumb in Taiwan: summer is not fully in until Dragon Boat Festival.

The only coat I’m not putting away is the raincoat…

Little issue: mountain tops still coverd in snow.