The Taiwan Weather Thread 2018

Very tempted!

So it is true that Taiwan is on the upswing as far as temperatures

Definitely。
But it’s not Taiwans problem but the whole world.

Here’s Taipei’s max temp historical record (days per year over 36C), wasn’t easy to find.
We see that the number of Taipei’s extreme temp days has really shot up since 2000.

1 Like

but i still see some people wearing jackets…

It’s better for your Qi I heard.

Can somebody explain this to me?

Capture%20_2018-05-19-13-01-17

Taipei shows 31 degrees. Normally we are 2 to 5 degrees cooler than Taipei.

I am sheltered in my bedroom with a barely functioning AC. Living room is a furnace fed by the blaze outside.

I have electronic music up on the big screen while doing housework. All feature beach and pool parties. I am starting to really miss the ol country, where 26 degrees is a heat wave.

1 Like

I don’t want to be that guy who is moaning all the time.
Taiwans climate may not be extreme but close to it.
Its actually a very hot country with months of mean temperature close to 30C. When you put in the humidity it feels about 5c hotter according to the apps (although most of us are relatively used to the humidity ).And it is getting hotter.

Where I’m from originally I can’t even remember one day ever hitting 30c and anything in the 20s is a heatwave !

When you check climate sites the equivalent temp wise is Egypt. And Egypt is not humid like here. Nobody told me that when I moved here :).

My fav temp in Taiwan is 31 to 33
Means ocean swimming time

Tommy, you would be swimming today and checking out the beach babes I’m sure

Interesting … used to talk weather with HH , but he is just a distant memory now . :smirk:

He’s still here but moved onto a different spiritual plane.
I’m very glad you are still on here Shiadoa keep well!

1 Like

31 here in the US desert … but it’s a dry heat :yum:.

Here in Hokkaido the high was 8 degrees today. Had the fireplace going all day to keep warm and toasty.

Went hiking at 5am, reached New Taipei county after climbing close to 7kms of hiking trails, then the back home via the same road. Even that early in the morning the heat & humidity combo was a killer.

Step 1: find a job in Hokkaido
Step 2: move my 8 children there
Step 3:live in blissful cool weather

1 Like

Nice and toasty in the office this morning.

How does it stack up against, like, Bengazi?
I was watching that 13 Hours movie (pretty good for Michael Bay shit, it’s saved by the excellent cast) and at the beginning Jim Halpert with Abs and Explody Guy from Iron Man 3 are driving in from the airport in a sweeet Land Rover and moaning about the heat.
I was wondering if we’re more badass than them

I remember there was some MQMF in your office… as requested before, post pictures.

1 Like

I fear to ask what that means, so let’s leave it like that.

And they were not shorts, but ultra mini skirt. Culifalda we call it in the ol country.

1 Like

Then take some MRT-type shots.