The Taiwan Weather Thread 2018

Don’t think he on reddit. He ded already.

“Out of the quarrel with others we make rhetoric; out of the quarrel with ourselves we make poetry.”

1 Like

rainsplosion!

It started again… and it stopped…again.

I want more rain, but I want it by night, when I’m comfortably at home, laughing at poor bastards on the street getting wet.

Still hot and dry here. :frowning:

Missed the monsoon, was working.:sleepy:

It’s 9 am and the real feel is 41 degrees.

This is the end.

UvOBa

All this heat and yet no typhoon/tropical storm brewing…what a waste of potential.

Dunno. the ol country is seeing unprecedented amounts of rain, with awfuyl flooding where it has never been flooded before. So I expect that when the rain comes here… it will be mean.

This will come handy:

I hope so, I haven’t been able to update the Typhoon thread in a long time, literally nothing 8s going on. Feelsbadman.

I wonder how much of this heat in the street is coming from the aircon condensors and pumps.

1 Like

I just walked past a whole row of taxis with the engine idling and the air con on with the drivers snoozing inside. Isn’t there a law against that?

1 Like

Yes it is against the law. I mean, if the car is parked longer than some amount of minutes I don’t remember, the engine has to be shut down.

So a high of 26 degrees Friday, I see. I guess I’m glad I’ve been really lazy about putting away my winter clothes and taking out my summer clothes. And if we really get light rain all day as forecast, I’m going to head up the mountain by our house and enjoy probably the last day(s) of cool weather for some months.

Probably a fair amount of it. You don’t get as high humidity in the mountains as you do in the middle of the city.

Also, it does feel much much hotter and muggier in the evening than it is during the day. I was home during the hottest times of the day in the afternoon, but it didn’t compare to 10-11PM in the evening when everyone had their AC on. It’s worse if you live in a small alley.

I know what you mean, but that could also be explained by the fact that we are in a depression / surrounded by mountains.

This sums up perfectly the mental experience of living in Taipei.

3 Likes

Pepe time?